Tiger Choir Chronicles
Travis Tiger Choir Weekly Updates
September 25 - September 29
News for Everyone
Homecoming Performance Updates
Where: Mercer Stadium
When: Call time is 6:00 pm. Meet near the main Northwest ticketed entrance (there is a sign above the gate). Mr. Miner will be standing there with a QR code to check in attendance. Once everyone has arrived, we will enter the stadium together.
Uniform: Gray choir polo, blue jeans, closed toe shoes. Students should feel free to wear "Spirit" jeans, their mums, and any other THS spirit gear to accessorize their choir polo. If you are participating in another organization's duties for the game (ROTC, Cheer, Guard, Band, Football, etc.) please wear your uniform required for that organization and join us before we sing.
We will perform right at 7:00 pm. Students NOT staying for the game should plan to be picked up at 7:05.
STUDENTS STAYING FOR THE GAME: After we sing, the choir will be escorted back out the gates. Students planning to stay for the game MUST purchase a ticket ahead of time in order to get back into the stadium and re-enter through the normal ticketed entrance. You can purchase tickets at the district's GoFan ticket site.
Parents and family members who wish to watch the game will need to purchase tickets ahead of time and enter through the main ticketed entrance.
Because this is a ticketed game, per UIL rules only academically eligible students will be able to participate. Any student who is academically INeligible will perform a make-up in class.
THANK YOU to our generous Tiger Choir Sponsors!
Support THS Tiger Choir
- Help by purchasing needed items from our Amazon Wishlist posted on the choir website . Each of the items on the list will help us stay organized and support students in their choir success while allowing us to use the budget funds to purchase large items, music, and other supplies.
- Become a Choir Sponsor! If you or your business would be interested in becoming a choir sponsor, please see the "Support THS Choir" page on the website, or email Mr. Miner for more information and how to donate!
What Did We Do Last Week?
- 1st Period: We continued working towards our Fall Concert performance. We know 2 of our 3 songs all the way through and have begun singing one song on words! We also graduated to more advanced sight reading and are now reading the same difficulty of exercise but with 8 measure excerpts instead of 4.
- 2nd Period: We continued working towards our Fall Concert performance. We know 2 of our 3 songs all the way through and have begun singing one song on words! We also graduated to more advanced sight reading and are now reading the same difficulty of exercise but with 8 measure excerpts instead of 4.
- 3rd Period: We have moved full throttle into learning our Fall concert music. We have have one song learned completely and quizzed, and are finishing up our final two songs before we add text. In sight reading we have moved on to reading in the Key of Bb!
- 4th Period: We have learned 2 of our 3 songs all the way through on solfege and quizzed one of them. We are about to finish our final piece which has a lot of rhythmic intracissy that we focused on this week. We also began sight reading in the Key of D which is new for many of us!
- "Week 7" assignment in Schoology.
Assignments Past Due
- Schoology Assignments 1-5. Please note that late work is not accepted over a week past the original due date.
Events this Week
- Monday, September 25: Region Sectionals (S/A) 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 26: Region Music Mini-Camp (SATB) 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm (combining with AHS, KHS, and BHS)
- Friday, September 29: Homecoming Football Game (See notes above)
If you don't use Google Calendar, check out the choir website often where events are regularly posted and updated.
There are no new updates for Chorale students at this time. Please continue to encourage your child to keep grades at passing levels and they are following all class procedures and expectations.