Week of January 28th
We are in the spring semester. Time seems to go by very quickly this semester. Please stay up to date by reading the newsletter, checking planners, and following Red Oak Elementary on social media.
- Dress Code: Please make sure your student is following dress code daily. Jackets worn indoors, as well as leggings worn under skirts/shorts, must be in dress code too.
- Please continue to check your student's planner daily. This is a great resource for communication.
- As the weather continues to be cold over the next couple of months, please make sure your student has a warm jacket for recess. We like to go outside even on cold days.
- SNACK Reminder: Because 5th-grade lunch is not until 12:20, we are allowing 5th graders to bring a HEALTHY snack. The snack must be something they can eat while continuing to work, and the snack must not require a spoon and cannot be messy.
February 5 - 100th Day of School
February 12- Math Benchmark
February 13 - Reading Benchmark
February 14 -Science Benchmark
February 14 - Colors for Caring
February 14 - Valentine Parties at 2:15
February 15 - No School for students/ Professional Development Day for staff
February 18 - No School
February 22 - End of 4th Six Weeks
February 26 - 5th Grade Field Trip
March 1 - Read Across America / Dr. Seuss Day
March 4 - Open House
Be looking for information on our upcoming field trip coming home this week!
- Making Connections Informational Genres
- Please make sure your student is reading every night. In order to increase stamina for the STAAR test, our students need to read at least 20 minutes a day.
- Earth's rotation causing day/night, the apparent movement of the sun, and shadows.
- Comparing characteristics of the Sun, Earth, and Moon
- Designing an experiment to test force and motion
- Migration Westward: Expanding the United States
School Board Appreciation Month
ROE Campus Newsletter
Campus Spelling Bee
Congratulations to Jonathan Nwabueze for winning our campus Spelling Bee!
He will be representing Representing Red Oak Elementary in the Ellis County Spelling Bee in February.
Congratulations to the following students that also placed in the top three in our campus Spelling Bee:
Kelsey Murphy - 2nd
Wyatt Newsome - 3rd
Welcome Mr. Shepard!!
5th Grade Teachers Contact Information and link to teacher web page
Our conference time is 8:00-8:45 daily