December 7-11 2020
December's Character Word of the Month is Respect
PTO Apparel Sale NOW through December 10
Here's the site to order (also linked on the PTO Website Reminders page).
We are asking all items to be ordered by December 10th so that we MIGHT get items delivered by the holidays (no guarantees).
Please support the PTO and encourage positive school spirit by supporting the apparel sale!
Week of December 7-11, 2020
Save the Dates:
December 4 -- End of Marking Period 1 K-4
December 10 - December 18 -- Hanukkah
December 14 -- Report Cards go live on Infinite Campus 4:00PM (no hard copies mailed)
December 14 -- Pictures at Roman Photography Studios for Full-Distance Learners!
Winter Recess: December 24 - January 3 (Return to School January 4)
December 25 -- Christmas Day
December 26-January 1 -- Kwanzaa
January 18 -- Martin Luther King Day (No School)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM BHS!!!
Norah L. (12/1)
Justin S. (12/2)
Kamryn R (12/5)
Cooper S (12/10)
Frank M. (12/11)
- Recorders for grades 3 & 4 -- need to be picked up in order to participate in music class. we are here M-F 8-4 and can make arrangements if you need another time.
- If you need a chromebook device, or have internet issues, please contact Mrs. McKeon at 203-929-5625.
- ALL ABSENCES -- EVEN AT-HOME--MUST BE REPORTED AND CALLED IN TO THE OFFICE 203-929-5625.
- Report cards will be released on the portal only on December 14 at 4:00PM. Please make sure you are able to access your parent portal with your own user name and password.
- Please visit the PTO fundraiser at https://www.boonsupply.com/collections/610980-booth-hill-school-shelton
Pictures for Full-Distance Learners: Roman will take pictures in his studio for BHS full Distance Learners on December 14th. Please visit the website to book your appointment: https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/4197xme2/ This is for students who are full distance learners ONLY.
- The 1st Trimester ends on Friday. December 4, 2020. The grading window will open on Tuesday, December 1 @ 8:00 a.m. and close on Thursday, December 10, 2020 @ 10:00 a.m. This will allow us to post Report Cards onto the IC Portal on Monday, December 14, 2020 at 4:00pm.
- If you are interested in being on the Teacher of the Year Committee, please let me know.
Safety Tip of the Week: Maintain a healthy social distance, even when working together at BHS.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS:
Thanks to Heidi for putting together a holiday singalong for our kids. I know they will miss having it in person, but we all will appreciate watching and singing with family.
Do you know someone who deserves a kiss? Let me know!
This Week's Meeting: –
- December 9 -- District-Wide department meetings
- December 10--Grading Window Closes @ 10:00AM
- December 16 -- Collaborative Time
- December 23 (No Meeting)
- January 6 -- District-Wide Dept. Meetings
- January 13 -- Building-Based Meeting
- January 20 -- Collaborative Time
- January 27 -- Building-Based Meeting
Board of Education Meetings:
December 8 -- Teaching and Learning Committee 4:30-5:30 PM
December 16 -- Finance Committee (Virtual) 5:30
December 16 -- Regular Board of Ed Meeting (Virtual) 7-9 PM
January 12 -- Teaching and Learning Committee 4:30-5:30 PM
January 27 -- Regular Board of Ed. Meeting 7-9 PM
GOOGLE MEETS EXPECTATIONS
- Be on time for all scheduled meets
- Dress appropriately and be seated in a learning position
- No food,drinks,toys, pets or Siblings
- Mute yourself
- Turn video on
- Headphones must be worn
- Have materials ready
- Raise your hand to talk
- Do not change the background once the meet has started Be respectful-you are in “school”
Help for the Holidays is Available from TEAM
BHS Library Newsletter
December Vacation Countdown Calendar
I'M BORED!!! Here you go...Make your own Gnomes!
Gnomes are small creatures that have physical characteristics similar to humans, except that they live underground and are really small, like an elf. Gnomes can move through dirt underground the same way that you and I can move through air. Oh, and did I mention that they are well known for guarding underground mines and yes, even treasure!
Gnomes have been shared by storytellers since the 16th century and have been drawn in many ways, from elflike to more similar to fairies. It wasn’t until after World War II that the garden gnome came to be. In the 1960’s garden gnomes took on a look similar to that of Snow White’s Seven Dwarves.
In winter, in the Nordic countries, gnomes are known to be Santa's helpers.
Here is a craft page to make Gnome decorations out of cardboard tubes! Mix up the colors to make them for any holiday or to match the kids' rooms!
New Frieda B. Book just released!--a message from the author
The 7th Frieda B. book, Frieda B.’s ABCs, now is available – it’s a story and coloring book in one!
Should you, your staff or school families be interested in purchased signed, discounted copies of ANY Frieda B. books for the upcoming holidays (with free shipping), you’ll find attached a PDF file with instructions for ordering in our Online School Store where you’ll receive 20% off all books with the exclusive code BOOTHHILL20. We’ll receive, process and fulfill all orders, then ship them directly to the school.
ATTACHMENTS FOR PARENTS:
Help with Google Classroom, SeeSaw, and student accounts on different platforms (PC, Apple,iPad)
Please consult this page for any concerns or questions that you have regarding COVID 19 preparations and procedures.
Description Make your child’s birthday special by surprising him or her with a BHS Birthday Buddy Gram. Purchase a Happy Birthday Bulldog yard sign for $10. Yard signs will be placed in your yard on your child’s birthday eve.