May 22, 2020
DNA envelopes due
Monday, June 1st, 5pm
Livestock identification information entry deadline
Monday, June 1st, 9pm
2020 Teen Leadership Conference: Virtual Vision Registration Live
Join us on June 1-5 for the 2020 virtual Teen Leadership Conference. This conference will consist of educational sessions from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM CT hosted via the Zoom platform. We will have keynote speaker Malcolm Chapman from Rapid City, SD joining us to discuss The Art and Practice of Collaborative Leadership. The cost to register is $60 and open to any teen, age 13-18. Each participant will receive a commemorative t-shirt. Registration is live at the following link until Wednesday, May 27th: https://extension.sdstate.edu/event/2020-teen-leadership-conferencevirtual-vision.
Registration for virtual Performing Arts Camp – Note from the Camp Director
I would like to share some information with you about 4-H Performing Arts Camp. Performing
Arts is a theater education camp for ages 13-18 by January 1st, or have completed the 7th grade. Campers will learn the lyrics, dances, and a full script to create an hour-long variety show that they will perform five times at the South Dakota State Fair. Although singing, dancing and acting is the main focus of this camp, we have found that the leadership skills and friendships made during camp are what really makes this program great. This year, we are having camp virtually from June 14-19. The deadline to register is May 31.
We are trying to promote our program and would love to get the word out about Performing Arts Camp as much as possible. If you could share our registration link on your Facebook page and let your 4-H kids know about us, we would greatly appreciate it! You could also share one of our posts from the South Dakota 4-H Performing Arts page.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Director, SD 4-H Performing Arts
Summer Adventure Series registration deadline June 1st.
South Dakota Summer Adventures Ask a Vet Video Series – Question Submission Form
During the Critter Crazy Days week of the South Dakota Summer Adventures program we will be hosting an ‘Ask a Vet’ video series. So we want to know, what questions do you have for a small or large animal veterinarian? Submit your answers by completing the QuestionPro form below. Individuals can submit an unlimited number of questions.
Scholarship Opportunity! Bob Healy Memorial Scholarship Deadline June 1st
The Bob Healy Memorial Scholarship will be awarded again this fall for the 2020-21 academic year. The Scholarship has been increased to $2000 from the previous $500. The scholarship policy, criteria, and how to apply will be the same as advertised on the SDSU Extension website https://extension.sdstate.edu/event/south-dakota-4-h-scholarship-deadline. If the student has already applied for one of the other 4-H Scholarships, they may notify the State 4-H Office that they would like to apply for this scholarship as well by emailing Kasee.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The specifics for this scholarship are listed below:
- $2000 (for one student)
- Recipients shall be enrolled in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences (CAFES) at South Dakota State University. Both graduating high school seniors and current higher education students are eligible.
- Recipients must be in good standing during their 4-H membership and demonstrate participation in leadership activities.
- Recipients shall demonstrate commitment to their academic pursuits and progress toward attaining their post high school degree and/or certification.
- Preference will be given to residents of Brule or Lyman Counties in South Dakota. If there are no eligible recipients from Brule or Lyman Counties, the scholarship shall be open to any SDSU student with a background in 4-H.
- The scholarship may be renewed at the discretion of the 4-H selection committee.
Want to go to TLC or Performing Arts Virtual Camps? There's financial aid for that!
The South Dakota 4-H Leaders will offer scholarships to assist with the cost of the camps.
There is a $25 scholarship available for 4-H'ers who attend TLC (registration cost is $60). There is a $50 scholarship available for 4-H'ers who attend Performing Arts (registration cost is $150). Here is how the scholarship program works.
· Step 1 – Register for the 2020 camp and pay the full camp fees.
· Step 2 – Attend virtual camp and have a great time!!
· Step 3 – Tell one group about camp.
· Step 4 – Complete the camp assistance/scholarship application form with all signatures and submit to the SD 4-H Leaders. Electronic signatures are acceptable, and the completed form may be scanned and emailed or mailed. You will receive your scholarship money within 2 weeks of its receipt. Applications are due by December 31, 2020.
Please be sure to complete all parts of the form! You must answer the “what did you learn” section and sign it!
Go to the SD 4-H Leaders website http://www.southdakota4hleaders.com or find the application pdf below.