3rd Grade Scoop
March 31st - April 4th
English and Language Arts
For reading, learners will continue with their book clubs! Have you asked your kiddo about these? Each child chose a book and was put into groups with other kids who chose that book. They read a chapter individually and then write a summary, thoughts and questions, and vocabulary words from that chapter. After that, they meet as a group and discuss the chapter.
This week, we will also participate in Daily 5 to practice our skills.
Work hard and you will succeed
What should my learner be doing at home?
Please pick between these resources and complete 3-4 nights a week for practice at home. From our experience, we feel that 30 minutes is an appropriate amount of time for "home fun". Thank you for supporting us with this!
Weekly Math Sheet (due on Fridays)
Mobymax: (Fact Master + Math Lesson)
Think Through Math
Mobymax: (Language, Vocabulary, Reading)
Read books at home
Some Important Information
- We had such a great time with High Tech High Touch last week and the Boosterthon Fun Run! Good job 3C and 3E! And thank you to all parents who helped out with these events!
- Have you checked out www.dovewhisper.com? Click on "Computer Center" at the top. And then click on your child's grade level. (You could also go above or below if needed). Now, select the subject/topic for your child to practice. There are TONS of awesome learning games!
Mark Your Calendars!
- 3/28 Picture money was due. Please return ASAP. Thanks.
- 4/3 Boosterthon pledges are due.
- 4/4 Report cards go home
- 4/4 Family Movie Night at 6:45pm
- 4/10 Mrs. Trueblood's birthday
- 4/21 Mrs. Matthews' birthday
- 4/22 Math STAAR
- 4/22 Reading tutoring cancelled
- 4/23 Reading STAAR
- 4/24 Math tutoring cancelled
- 4/30-5/1 Last day of reading/math tutoring