Substitute Teacher Training @CESA 8
Serving 27 Districts in Northeastern Wisconsin
We Want YOU (to be a Substitute Teacher)
Did YOU Know:
- On any given day, approximately 274,000 substitute teachers serve in this country’s classrooms.
- By the time a student graduates from high school, that person will have spent the equivalent of a full year being taught by a substitute.
- A Three-Year Short-Term Substitute license may be issued to an applicant who holds an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university and who has successfully completed an approved substitute training program*.
- Once an educator holds a current Three-Year Short-Term Substitute license, they may short-term substitute at any Wisconsin school district that wishes to hire them.
Join us at CESA 8 to learn the substitute basics, including:
- Age-appropriate teaching strategies
- Discipline, conflict resolution, and classroom management techniques
- Health and safety issues, including handling medical emergencies
- Techniques for starting a class
- The culture of schools and the teaching profession
- Working with lesson plans
- Working with children with disabilities, including confidentiality issues
- How to apply for your first license
Advance Registration is Required (see link below)
- Cost: $100 (lunch is included)
*This is a WI Department of Public Instruction approved substitute training program.
Our Next 1-Day Training Will Be October 13, 2021
Register online at https://login.myquickreg.com/register/event/event.cfm?eventid=30361
DPI-approved, asynchronous options are also available through:
- STEDI.org (online or paper)