Majestic Monday Memo
for the week of May 4, 2015
Weekly Schedule and Reminders:
- Morning Practice on Monday at 7:30am.
- Thirty-One Bag Orders were delivered today. I will be sending orders home on Monday or Tuesday. Please be prompt when delivering orders to customers. We want customers to get their items before Mother's Day in case anyone ordered gifts.
- "In Motion" will be held on May 9th. Please see the Spring Show details listed below, including directions on how to buy tickets.
- Macy's Parade Information Meeting - May 13th @ 6:00pm (for those interested in the trip to NYC) in the dance room.
- Middle School Dance Day at Muv to be held on May 16th! This is optional. I will send more information as it becomes available, but I know that the dance classes will be offered in 4 hour blocks. Either an AM or PM selection. More details to come.
- 8th Grade Parents - please email a baby photo of your Majestic to be included in the slide show at banquet. A digital copy is preferred, however, you can also send a hard copy to Mrs. Mabry. We will scan it and send the original back to you.
I need a parent volunteer to assist back stage during the 7:00pm show.
SPRING SHOW INFO:
There will be two shows:
- Afternoon show at 1:00pm
- Evening Show at 7:00pm
I have sent home an order form where you can order tickets for your family and friends (see order form below). Please make all checks payable to GSBC.
- Pre-sell ticket price is $5
- Tickets will be $8 at the door
Our day will begin bright and early with a dress rehearsal at 10:00AM. Majestics need to be dropped off at the CPHS PAC by 9:15AM. Estimated run time is 2 hours.
10:00 am - 11:00 am FPMS staging and lighting
11:00 am - 11:30 am Officer opener staging and lighting
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Hip hop ensemble staging, lighting, formations
1:00 pm & 7:00 pm shows
Majestics will be allowed to leave with their parents for lunch in-between shows. Majestics must be back at the PAC, dressed and ready to stretch, by 6:15PM.
"In Motion" videos are can still be pre-ordered. You can access the order form by clicking here.
Parent Meeting on May 13th at 6pm for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Parent Meeting: We will have an informational meeting about the trip to NYC on May 13th at 6:00pm in the FPMS Dance room. Please make plans to attend if you need more information about the Macy's Day Parade Trip.
You can find more information on their website.
Live Performance Opportunity:
Our Majestics have been given a special invitation to view:
"Dwita - Duality of Life"
Presented by RAMA VAIDYANATHAN
May 17th, 2015 (6:00-8:00PM)
at Travis High School
1211 E. Oltorf
Austin, TX 78704
Below is a link from the NY Times' review of " Dwita ". It played in NY on April 25th, 2015!!
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in purchasing tickets (special Majestic price) to attend this performance.
2015 Legacies Summer Dance Camp
June 8 – June 11, 2015
Vandegrift High School (VHS)
9500 McNeil Drive, Building 2
1st – 9th graders for the 2015-2016 school year
Full Day Campers
Thurs 8:00am-12:00 noon
$220 for 1st child; $190 for siblings
Morning Half Day Campers
(1st – 3rd graders ONLY)
Mon-Thurs 8:00am-12:00 noon
$120 for 1st child; $100 for siblings
- Classes will be taught according to grade and/or ability level.
- Grades 8 - 9 will be offered a Pre-Drill class.
- No dance experience necessary.
- Different dances will be taught in the morning and afternoon sessions.
*All sessions will be taught by the Vandegrift High School Legacies*
Campers will perform their dances at 12:00 noon on Thursday, June 11 in VHS Building 2 in the Main Gym Admission is free for family and friends Pre-registration – on or before May 31, 2015 Late Registration: June 1 or after - $10 late registration fee.
No refunds after June 1st.
(See Flyer below for more info)
Dates to Remember:
May 4, 2015 - Team Practice at 7:30AM (Band girls if able)
May 9, 2015 - SPRING SHOW
May 16, 2015 - Middle School Dance Day @ MUV!
May 26, 2015 - Banquet