Super Cool STEM
With or without a grownup
Dear Inquisitive People Everywhere,
Stay safe & be well,
Smore's Resident Educator
Yes! This is a collection of great science experiments that are done in a jar. Just a simple jar, from jam, or pickles, or whatever. It'll be absorbing for kids of all ages and older ones can do them independently. No protective gear required!
Started explaining the mysteries of the world to us through mathematics? What if we discovered that mathematics is actually accessible and a really cool way of making sense of the world?That's what this series is. Click here and tune in!
Is that learning to solve math problems gives us the tools to solve ALL kinds of problems. Forget about a simple algorithm, the best problem-solving happens with trial and error, using your own thinking. Dive into this weekly problem!
A roundup of science-themed websites with free lessons & games
- Legends of Learning: Superhero science games for grades 3–8. .
- MysteryScience: Answers to the questions kids ask morning, noon & night. Spanish translation available.
- NASA Education Resources: Never too early to start training to be an astronaut.
- Teach Engineering - Did you know you could use Oreos to make a rover? Tons of activities to do at home.
- Bill Nye The Science Guy: Check out the section on Home Demos. I don't have all of these materials in my (quarantine) home, but I have quite a few of them.
- Switcheroo Zoo: If your kids are into animals and/or imagination games, this is a great site for you.