Girl Scout Troop 2219
Cookie Exchange & Girl Scout Tea
We are finishing up the season with a troop meeting and a festive tea party and cookie exchange. It will be great to get the girls back together to have more Girl Scout fun! We greatly appreciate you going out of your way to help your daughter participate in the activities the troop has chosen! We have accomplished so much so far, and there is more in store as the new year starts. Your participation helps your daughter feel connected to her Girl Scout sisters and makes things so much more meaningful for her!
Next Troop Meeting
Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scouts is about being Girl-Led! Girls learn lots of skills from selling cookies, and the proceeds they earn from cookies funds their activities and badges. So, get ready to support your daughter throughout cookie season. Every girl is expected to participate to contribute to the troop. The accomplishments the girls make gives them pride in their troop and helps them learn how to manage troop funds. There will be a mandatory parent meeting when you pick up your daughter from the troop meeting December 16th at 7pm. Parents must sign paperwork and get order forms.
Please join me (Athena) and Eva at the DI Coffee Bar tomorrow at 2pm if you are interested. Text me at 727-656-9438 if you can make it. Thank you!
The location for the annual Girl Scout encampment has changed this year. Encampment will be at Camp Dorothy Thomas in Riverview! It will be held the weekend of February 5-7, and we will soon receive our assigned day from council. It will either be Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday. We are going to allow the girls to vote whether they want to sleepover or do a day trip. More details coming soon.
Mark Your Calendars
- December 13: Tea & Cookie Exchange planning meeting at DI Coffee Bar 2pm
- December 16: Troop Cookie Training & Troop Meeting 6-7pm place TBA
- December 16: Mandatory Parent Cookie Meeting 7pm (after the troop mtg)
- December 19: Girl Scout Mother's Tea & Cookie exchange & maybe some SWAPS at the home of Eva Plarinos. The Pets & Painting badge ceremony will be held as well.
- January 4: Cookie Sales START!
- January 4th-24th: Girls take Cookie Preorders
- February 5 or 6 or 7: Encampment weekend. Assigned date TBA.
- February 19-March13: Cookie Booths
- March 6: Sweetheart Dance