Father. Geek. Teacher. Author. Reader. Seeker of truth.
I am the single dad of an ornery 17 year old and a precocious 10 year old. I am animal dad to the most frightened rescue Corgi, the most Jabba-the-Hut-esque cat, and the normal cat that ties them together.
- I managed a comic book store for close to a decade before becoming a teacher.
- I named my daughter after a character from Song of Fire and Ice in 2006 (5 years before Game of Thrones came to T.V. screens.)
- I have read tens-of-thousands comic books.
- I have played nerd card games since 1994.
- I have completed from start to finish all of the first 10 Final Fantasy games.
- I have loved board games all of my life and am currently playing Pandemic Legacy for the second time.
- I taught 4th grade in Des Moines at an IB school for 4 years.
- I taught 6th grade English at WMS for 3 years.
- I transferred to 7th grade last year to teach Social Studies and English.
- I love to write.
- I hate to share my writing...unless you are a 7th grader.....
- Most of my grown-up writing is shared anonymously on various websites.
- I love poetry and short fiction, but I have multiple novels at various levels of completion.
- I love classic books. My all-time favorite is As I Lay Dying.
- I love fantasy. My all-time favorite is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- I love Sci-fi. My all-time favorite is Snowcrash.
- I love pulp detective and horror trash novels. My favorite is The Shining.
Seeker of truth.
- I am a constructivist.
- I believe all humans have a context and a story.
- I believe that people are good, but flawed.
- I am enjoying the ride....