LAMM Leopard News
- School starts at 8am and ends at 3:30pm
- If students are bringing snacks, please remember only healthy snacks.
- When dropping off or picking up students, please remember that the MIDDLE lane is for thru traffic. No stopping please. If you are in the right lane, please have your youngest child's name and teacher name on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper placed on your dashbaord. Thank you!!!
STAAR Camps are starting this week and will continue until next week. These will be focused and targeted intervention and extension lessons/activities. Students will not necessarily be learning anything new, however, we will be sharpening our skills and test taking strategies.
Upcoming STAAR Test dates:
- March 30 - Grade 4 & 7 Writing Day 1
- March 31 - Grade 4 & 7 Writing Day 2; Grade 5 & 8 Reading
- April 20 - Grade 5 & 8 Math
- April 21 - Grade 3 -4 Math & 6-7 Math; Grade 8 Social Studies
- April 22 - Grade 3-4 Reading & 6-7 Reading; Grade 5 & 8 Science
**Want to know more about STAAR? Attend the Parent Luncheon on Thursday, March 26th. Please RSVP by March 24th by calling 254-772-1910.**
Virtue of the Week
What are Virtues? Love. Kindness. Justice. Service. Virtues are the very meaning and purpose of our lives, the content of our character and the truest expression of our souls. For people of all cultures, ethnicities and beliefs, they are the essence of authentic success.
Virtue means power, strength, inner quality. Virtues are the content of our character, the elements of the human spirit. They grow stronger whenever we use them. As a six year old once said, “Virtues are what’s good about us.”
This week: Responsibility - Being responsible means that other people can trust you to do things with excellence and to be accountable for your actions. It is also the ability to make smart /good choices and correct your mistakes when you make them. How responsible are you?
For additional listings, click on http://virtuesproject.com/virtues.html
Every week we will highlight a college. The students are to wear that college's school colors on that Friday.
College Colors: Grey & Cardnial
For more information, click on http://www.avid.org/what-is-avid.ashx
Our Mission Statement
Lake Air Montessori is built on the Montessori philosophy that fosters curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking. At Lake Air Montessori, teachers follow students’ individual needs to achieve academic excellence and to become competent and responsible life-long learners who respect themselves, others and