Study Abroad in Italy
Maymester 2017 May 13th-June 2nd
- In cooperation with Clemson University
- Earn 3 credit hours for EDEE 403 or EDEE 655 (transfer credits from Clemson)
- Option to earn additional elective credit hours.
- Fly into Milan, Italy
Home Stay with Italian Families with Italian Conversational Language Lessons
Shadowing Italian Teachers in Primary and Preschools Classrooms multiple times.
Teach an English lesson to Italian Students.
Observing in official Municipal Reggio Emilia Preschools
- Travel by luxury bus to Florence and Venice
- Program fee for $2800 + air and tuition (Clemson University)
College of Charleston faculty- Dr. Hunter-Doniger
Special Features of the Study Abroad Program
- Group trips to Italian cities such as Florence and Venice
- Free Time for Small Groups to Verona, Parma, Bologna, etc.
- Student Travel & Students Encouraged to Travel Before/After
- Theater, Museums, Festivals, Shopping, and Other Cultural Events
- Faculty from College of Charleston and Clemson travel with students
- The study abroad group meets five times before departing for Italy for organizational and preparation purposes.
Have fun and learn about creative education in Italy.
Details of Reggio Emilia Study Abroad Program
$2800 Housing, Italian lessons, guided tours, insurance & meals
$1800 Clemson University tuition for 3 credit hours
$1100 Average cost of flight*
$400 Study Abroad Fees
$6100 TOTAL COST for 3 WEEKS
*We allow student to arrange their own flights so they can use frequent flyer miles or shop for a better deal on flights to reduce cost.
PLEASE NOTE- Extended travel before or after the study abroad experience is encouraged.
Check out my webpage if you would like to see some of the great times we had the past two years! Go to the link below and click on STUDY ABROAD.