#TPND ... Thunder Pride Never Dies
This Week In Thundercat Country !
Ms. Petru's Fun Fact
Dismissal Update: Effective Monday, January 25th
Hello Thundercat Families,
RTMS Dismissal update:
Due to the safety of our Thundercats, we have adjusted dismissal times.
- Walkers and bike riders will be released after car riders. The traffic has increased and we are hoping this will help with our walkers/bikers safety.
- If you plan to pick up your child by vehicle, please remain in the RTMS designated car rider line.
The safety of our Thundercats is top priority and we appreciate everyone adhering to our dismissal process.
Course Selection 2021-22
Many thank to our future 7th 7 8th grade parents for your participation in our 1st Virtual Course Selection Q & A Zoom Program.
During the 2 sessions we were able to answer some great questions.
Please be on the look out in your email for a FAQ regarding course selection topics.
If you have questions, please reach out to your student's grade level counselor.
WeVideo Links for Course Selection 2021-2022
Ms. Torres, 7th Grade Counselor: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2013121303
Ms. Jefferson, 6th Grade Counselor: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2014630595
Dr. Brice, 8th Grade Counselor: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2018565132
Social Studies: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2014816710
Lifetime & Wellness & Interpersonal Skills: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2000995869
Principles of Applied Engineering: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2005597821
Fundamentals of Computer Science: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2007332247
Girls’ PE: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2008278513
Boys’ PE: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2008176472
Investigating Careers: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2015243258
Touch System Data Entry/ Dollars & Sense: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2020350904
AVID ? What's that ?
Dear RTMS 6th and 7th Grade Parents and Guardians,
Do you have a student with college and career goals who could use academic, organizational, social, or emotional support in getting there?
If this sounds like your student, then the AVID class is a great choice for them. The AVID program is recognized nationally for its strength, and our AVID team at RTMS would love to be a part of your student’s middle school journey.
All students interested in AVID must apply, and the application is now open and available for current RTMS 6th and 7th graders.
The link is below.
The AVID Elective is an application-based class where motivated students receive organizational, academic, and personal support to succeed in academically rigorous classes. This includes the use of a planner, organization systems, note-taking skills, student led tutorials, grade checks, collaborative learning, character building, and college visits each year.
Please speak with your student to see if they would like to apply. All students who submit applications and will be interviewed to determine qualification.
The application is due March 1, 2021 and is posted on the Fort Bend ISD website or you can request an application from Mrs. Martin in room 401.
Interviews will be conducted in March prior to spring break with notification prior to the end of March.
For more information, please contact Kurllenne Martin directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRACK SEASON IS AROUND THE BEND
Boys Track Try-outs begin Monday, Feb 8th, after school. All students must have a physical turned in to Coach Dobbins and rank one paperwork completed before they can participate in try-outs. Boys Track Try-Out Form
Girls Track Try-outs begin Tuesday, Feb 9th, before school. All students must have a physical turned in to Coach Alexander and rank one paperwork completed before they can participate in try-outs. Girls Track Try-Out Form
Attention 8th Grade: Academy Applications Now Open
The application window for the HS Programs (Academies, P-Tech, ECHS, and Piano Technician) will open on January 19th, with the window remaining open through February8th for the Academies and P-TECH/ECHS and March 29th for the Piano Technician Program.
The application is open to all 8th grade students. Below you will find each program’s website, a link to a video, and the links to the application.
Each program website includes information about the application process and program requirements. Each video provides an overview of each program, application procedures, and requirements. Please upload these links to your school website, and newsletters. Please also feel free to share he videos in your advisory periods.
The Piano Technician program at Marshall High School will be accepting applications between January 19th and March 29th.
Digital Media Academy
Global Studies Academy
International Business and Marketing Academy
Math and Science Academy
Medical Science Academy
P-Tech: Hightower HS
P-Tech: Willowridge HS
ECHS: Marshall HS
Piano Technician: Marshall HS
RTMS STUDENT ABSENCES DUE TO COVID OR QUARANTINE
RTMS Parent Information
Possible Quarantine Scenarios:
1. Student is exposed or tests positive, parent contacts school nurse and completes wellness survey. Student goes into quarantine. Student immediately goes on “on-line Classroom Guest” status.
2. Student assessed by school nurse/clinic, has symptoms consistent with COVID and is sent home. The student has three days to obtain a doctor’s note with a diagnosis.
a. Obtains a written diagnosis from the doctor:
· Positive for COVID – contact tracing occurs and the student does not return to school.
· Negative for COVID – student returns to school after three days.
b. Student does not go to the doctor for a medical diagnosis:
· Student will be quarantined for 10-14 days.
· Student will become a “Classroom Guest” at day four.
Work Flow Steps for COVID:
1. If the student will be out for more than three days, the student will become a “Classroom Guest.” To maintain Schoology systems, the student will receive links to an online teacher while out. However, they will continue to do the work of their F2F teacher.
2. AP will follow-up to ensure the student received links as a “Classroom Guest.”
3. Counselor will notify teachers when the student is expected back on campus to resume regular F2F instruction.
**Classroom Guest – term for new online learners who transitioned to online learning from F2F due to quarantine or medical reason.