For Marvelous Mars Minds, February 16, 2016
Happy 100th Day of School and More
- I am planning on celebrating with a clip of the song "Zero My Hero" from the old style Schoolhouse Rock. Don't forget to take pictures and send them to me to post on Facebook.
- I am changing the date that budgets are due to me. I need to have them by the 23rd. If you are unsure what is needed talk to your teams or see me. I need EVERYTHING you think you will need next year written down (field trips, supplies, text materials, etc.). Don't assume I maybe already know your grade level/department needs. Write it down and give it to me.
- Don't forget to take the staff survey. I am going to close it in a few days. Currently 27 people have taken the survey out of 50. I have only had 16 people told me that they have completed it...Fabulous prizes await!!!
- I will be scheduling some vertical team meetings in the next month. Just a heads up.
- We are in the meat of the year when you are seeing that students are mastering skills and showing big growth in areas. Remember this is an exhausting time of year but your hard work will reap huge rewards. Stay positive with the students and continue to have high expectations.
Some links below are oldies but goodies.
Updates and Need to Knows
February is shaping up to be a busy month. I have listed some events below that need to be on your calendars:
- February 16 Staff Meeting with Mr. Eichberg 7:45 Sharp!
- February 18 Darla, Debbie, and Jeanna will be in Lansing presenting how we do things at Mars at an Early Literacy conference where educators from all over the state and members of the State Board of Education will attend
- February 19 First Grade tubing at 5 Pines for their Fun Friday 10:15-1:30
- February 19 Character Counts assembly at 2:00 for the whole building, Jerry Jacoby
- February 20 Final PTO Movie Night showing Home 6:30-8:00
- February 24 School Improvement Team work day at Virtual
- February 25 Engineering Night for elementary students at STEM Central 6:00-7:30
- February 26 Second Grade tubing at 5 Pines for their Fun Friday 11:30-2:30
Reminder: Superintendent Eichberg Classroom Visits
Mr. Eichberg will be coming into visit classrooms this month. It will be in the same format as in the fall. The day will lead the schedule. If you see a time below that lends itself to something happening in your class you would like Mr. Eichberg to see, please let me know.
Mon., February 15 1:00-2:00
Tue., February 16 9:00-10:00
Wed., February 17 1:30-2:30
Darla Has Left the Building
Here are dates and times that I know I have obligations to be away from the building. If there becomes a need for an administrator, Vicki and Desiree know who to contact. Chelsea is always first choice if she is available.
- February 15 9:30-11:00 at CO
- February 18 In Lansing presenting at Early Childhood Forum
- February 22 9:30-11:00 at CO
- February 23 At the RESA 8:00-10:00
- February 24 At Virtual all day with SI Team
- February 29 At CO all day for an administrators' workshop
I just want to say how much I appreciate everyone that made my birthday special. I wish I could have sampled more of the delicious treats everyone brought in. You folks are such great cooks. Even though I was running everywhere last week, all the special messages and things everyone did carried me through the week. Thank you! I am humbled and blessed to be where I am.
- February 09 Darla Campbell
- February 20 Heather Ponegalek, Dennie Riley
- February 23 Desiree Schuler
- February 24 Misty Grice
- February 27 Jeanna Younger