Three Kingdoms of Africa
By: Ti'Ara Nelson
Kingdom of Ghana
- The Kingdom of Ghana was located West of Africa
- Ghana did start out weak but it eventually got stronger throughout the periods in AD.
- Ghana was rich from their gold and was famous in the trading business around 300-1000 AD
- The Kingdom of Ghana ended because of a war and because of the loss of natural resources.
Kingdom of Mali
- The Kingdom of Mali was Located in west of Africa, kind of on the coast.
- The Kingdom of Mali started out strong and then slowly became weaker
- They grew lots of cotton, grain, peanuts and more. They slowly became rich and famous off of gold nuggets
- The kingdom started to get weaker and ended mainly because of political struggles. Its still located in Africa though to this day but it small in size.
Kingdom of Songhai
- The Kingdom of Songhai is located on the west Africa next to the Kingdoms of Ghana and Mali.
- The kingdom started out weak because of political issues but it is one of the strongest kingdoms created.
- The kingdom of Songhai is famous for gold and were very popular in trading. They traded salt and gold. Doing his gave them power over west Africa.
- Songhai was defeated by the Moccorans, it fell under control by a bad ruler and broke apart the kingdom of Songhai.