Ayers Elementary School
August 3, 2020
Dear Ayers Families,
Welcome back! We are thrilled that it is almost time to begin our brand new school year. Although we are excited to have your student return, it won't be under normal circumstances. We want you to know that we miss our students greatly and are hoping for a safe and timely resolution to the Covid-19 closures. We appreciate our community support and look forward to our continued partnership as #AyersRocks in the 2020-2021 school year.
We begin our school year on Monday, August 17th. This is two days later than we originally planned but will not impact the last day of the school year. The expectations for our students remain very high and we look forward to your support in ensuring that our students reach their potential. To do that, we are collectively working on providing high quality instruction in a new way and welcome your involvement and support. The district plan for learning calls for all students to begin in distance learning with daily live instruction as well as asynchronous activities until we are able to safely move into a face-to-face model.
Included below are a few items for you to review as we prepare for the coming school year. Please take a few minutes to read and respond. As always, if you have any questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at 925-682-7686.
Principal, Ayers Elementary School
Ayers Bears Day
At Walk-Through there are a number of stations for you to visit in preparation for your first day of school:
- Address and Contact Information Verification
- Aeries Homelink Access
- PTA Communication and School Support
- Food and Nutrition
- Technology Pickup (make sure to fill out the survey below if you need a device)
- Classroom Teacher Assignment, and
- Classroom Materials Pickup (You might want to bring your shiny new backpack!!)
Avenues for Communication
- Text Communication: You may opt in to the district text messaging system by texting Yes to 67587 before August 14th at 5:00 pm. Click HERE for further information about the School Messenger system. School Messenger is the same system MDUSD and Ayers use to send emails and mass phone calls.
- Website Communication: Throughout the year our website will be a major source of school and district level information: including links to online classrooms. Please bookmark our school website ayers.mdusd.org
- Phone Calls: For short messages or in the event of an emergency Ayers uses School Messenger to make "robocalls." This year they will be used to remind families about important events and timelines. Please make sure you update your contact phone numbers whenever there is a change.
- Facebook Group: Our fabulous PTA hosts an Ayers Elementary School PTA page. You can request to join this group by clicking HERE.
- Konstella PTA Communication: PTA will continue to host an Ayers Konstella Forum. This was an absolutely invaluable tool through the school closure in the spring and we are so grateful to them. If you are not yet registered on Konstella please join us at https://www.konstella.com/ and clicking on Find My School.
show your ayers pride with Spirit wear
Ayers Elementary School
Official communications from Ayers and from MDUSD will be posted on our school website and on our PTA Konstella page. You may also request to join the Ayers Elementary PTA Facebook page to communicate with other families in our school. You may direct individual questions to thomasMS@mdusd.org.
Links to join can be found below:
Request to join PTA Konstella Website