RILINK Changes Continue
We will miss you Donna, and we know that you will continue to think about us. You will always be in our hearts.
Zoomulias Are Resuming !
The following sessions have been scheduled for Thursday afternoons at 3:30. Links will be sent out the day before and the day of each session.
January 20 - One Search & Destiny Discover Homepage setup - Join us if you haven't set up your Destiny Discover homepage yet, or want to find out more about the options for making it your own. Remember to bring your favorite beverage to the Zoom session.
February 17 - Catalog Cleanup - Want to improve the bibliographic records in your catalog? Grab your favorite snack and find out more about
- Running a "recon" for your collections against Follett Alliance Plus records
- Relating titles to fulfill holds
- Removing titles without copies
- Deleting reviews
- Managing your custom images for titles
- Updating copies, individually, globally, or by using a batch process
March 17 - LibGuides Tips
Professional Learning Certificates will be provided for each of these sessions.
Accessing Destiny Discover
Search Bar Returns to Home Page in Destiny Discover
Reading Across RI 2022
RILINK Summer Conference 2020
Additional Updates & News
- Two OverDrive webinar sessions are offered this month: Sora Essentials on Thursday, January 13, at 3:OO PM ET and Sora Connections: on Vocabulary Strategies Tuesday, January 25, at 3:00 PM ET. To learn more about other opportunities visit https://resources.overdrive.com/k-12-schools/upcoming-webinars/.
- Are you a member of the Follett Community? This site is a place to learn about Follett products, discuss with your peers, and find tutorials and courses. On Wednesday January 12, 2022, Shannon McClintock Miller will present the webinar Digital Tools and Apps: Essential Tools for Curriculum Focused Teacher Librarians.
- Thanks to everyone who took the time to complete the Evaluation of RILINK 2022. We are in the process of reading through your responses and responding to your questions and concerns. The Strategic Plan is a living document, and we are updating it regularly. It is a great feeling to see goals move from forthcoming to in-progress or completed.
- The winner of the Survey Raffle is Sue Scanlon of Captain Issac Paine Elementary School.
Need Barcode Labels? RILINK staff is currently working on a barcode label order to be processed as soon as we have a minimum order of 8 rolls. Please check your current supply and consider placing an order now. Each roll of 1000 labels costs $45. Find information and the Order Form here. Contact Karen with any questions.
Professional Learning Sessions with the exception of Zoomulias and the Summer Conference are provided by request only. Sessions on any of the platforms or databases connected to RILINK membership may be requested for just you, a group of librarians, or your teachers. Please complete the Request Professional Learning Session form or contact Sharon.
Need to find contact information for a librarian or a piece of information about a resource or a task on the RILINK website? Use the Search Box in the top right corner of the RILINK website just under the banner.
Exploring Nature January Newsletter
Exploring Nature's January issue features new resources for Grade 9-12 LS2.B: Cycles of Matter and Energy Transfer in Ecosystems, plus similar resources for grades 5 and 6-8, and Winter resources and activities for grades K-5. Links include
- Cycles of Matter and Energy Transfer in Ecosystems
- Carbon Cycle
- Biomass Performance Task - Cycling of Matter and Flow of Energy among Organisms in an Ecosystem
- Cycling of Matter in the Soil
- Yellowstone Wolf Project - Effects of Resource Availability
- Resource Availability in Food Webs - Critical Thinking
- Ocean - Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems Activity
- Prairie - Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems Activity
- About Food Webs
- Build a Desert Food Web
- Build an Antarctic Food Web
- Surviving Hibernation - It's a BEAR!
- Winter Activities for PEOPLE!
Please share the January issue with your teachers. It was forwarded to the RILINK listserv on January 3rd. It was sent twice with the second forwarded message including the login usernames and passwords for logging in to access the site from home.
If students and teachers are accessing Exploring Nature at school, they should not need to log in if the school/district public IP address has been registered with Exploring Nature. If they are being asked to log in at school, please ask your tech department to send the school/district public IP address(es) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For usernames and passwords to log in at home or at school if the IP authentication is not working, please see the email sent to the RILINK listserv on January 3rd with the login information.
If you are not receiving the RILINK Newsletters and email messages to the listserv, please send an email to Karen Shore (email@example.com) to get added to the listserv.