The Mountain Library
Announcing the 2015 Printz Award
Now, with Universal Search, you can search all of our resources we purchase or subscribe to at one time--print and digital! And, select quality websites are also included in this search! This search includes:
- ABC-Clio History Databases
- World Book Encyclopedias
- Ebsco (great for newspaper and magazine articles and subject specific databases)
- Follett eBooks
- Destiny (to search our print and AV catalog)
- Gale Databases (It does not search Artemis Literary Sources, and that's a great place to search for full-text literary content. Search Artemis through our Database page.)
Check out the quick tutorial below to see how it works. One key is signing in. You have to sign into Destiny first with your universal username and password (student or staff), and then choose "Universal Search" in the catalog. If you don't sign in, you'll only see our print and digital books and the selected websites. You will not see our databases and encyclopedias we subscribe to.
Below is more information about what the freshman classes talked about. It includes links to videos and articles, too. We started with with 9th grade each year with the hopes of presenting to that same grade level each year... eventually every student will have the same information. :)
Tech Tip of the Month: Download Google Drive
Want the steps? Here you go:
- Visit the Google Drive download page.
- Hover over "Download" and click "Mac and PC". (You can download on a mobile device as well, which opens up even more kinds of awesome.)
- Choose to "Accept and Install".
- After installing, enjoy! You'll find Google Drive listed as one of your available drives. It's often listed under Favorites. And, on a Mac, there will be an icon on your top menu bar.
We have eBooks!
¡Tenemos libros electrónicos! ¿Quiere leerlo en su aparato Apple o Android? ¡Averigue como más abajo!
Students: Did you get an email from Mrs. LaRue?
So, students have an overdue library book or a library fine, they can find out which book is out two ways.
- Students can log in to their Adams 12 Gmail here. If they have a recent e-mail from me (Mrs. LaRue), they will see the title and price of materials checked out or lost.
- Students can log in to Destiny themselves and see what's on their account. A video tutorial is below if interested in trying that.