Holly Academy News & Views
August 19, 2022
We are so excited to greet our Husky families at Open House on Thursday, August 25th, from 6:00-7:30pm. The staff has been working hard to prepare for the upcoming school year. Feel free to bring your school supplies, but it is not necessary for this event.
We are also pleased to announce that we have hired a new Curriculum Director, Christopher Kidd, as Mrs. Kovatch accepted a position with the Swartz Creek School District. Mr. Kidd comes to us from Powers High School, where he was a member of the administrative team. Along with the rest of our new staff members, Mr. Kidd will "dare to be remarkable" as he acclimates to our school culture! Power of the Pack!
Student Homeroom Placements
Fish Lake Road Closure
We anticipate that we will invite volunteers into the school this year. As protocol indicates, all volunteers will check-in through the Raptor system in the vestibule and wear a badge while inside the school. First-time Raptor users will be entered into the system by Mrs. Melton and Mrs. Munerance. We will set aside a timeframe for initial user input at the beginning of the school year. Dare to be remarkable!
Drop off and Dismissal
This school year we will be allowing parents in the building for drop-off in the morning only. Due to fostering the independence of the students, parents must allow their children to walk into the classroom on their own.
If you wish to stay in your car and drop off, please follow the guidelines below:
- Y5, Kindergarten, and 1st-grade students will enter the building through the main canopied entrance (M1). Parents may park in the parking lot and walk their student(s) inside.
- Students may not be dropped off along the sidewalk in front of the main entrance (M1).
- 2nd and 3rd grade students will enter the building through the west doors (M13) in the front of the building.
- 4th and 5th grade students will enter the building through the east doors (M12) in the front of the building.
- Middle school students may be dropped off at the middle school or in the front drop off lanes.
The following list is a brief overview of Holly Academy's dismissal procedures.
- The lane closest to the building will be designated for Y5/K families or carpool families. For all other families, please filter into lanes 2, 3, 4, or 5.
- Be sure your sign (student's last name, grade, and the teacher) is clearly displayed.
- For the safety of our students, please turn off your cell phone.
- Please stay in your lane unless directed by an HA staff member.
- Turn on your right blinker when your car is loaded.
- Staff will direct you to move forward or exit the parking lot.
- Students may not exit vehicles once they have loaded. If your child forgets something inside the building, please pull around to the main entrance for re-entry into the building.
- Please make sure anyone authorized to pick up your child is listed as an emergency contact in Skyward. You may add emergency contacts by calling the office.
- If someone different will be picking up your child, please email Mrs. Craven (email@example.com) and Mrs. Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) or if it is within a few hours of dismissal, please call the office. They will need to provide a photo ID in order for your child to be released.
School Breakfast/Lunch Information
Holly Academy Families,
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY AS SOME THINGS HAVE CHANGED FROM THE LAST SCHOOL YEAR.
The breakfast and lunch menus for August and September have been completed. All orders must be placed by 8:00am on Monday, August 22nd.
The USDA waivers allowing all students to receive free breakfast and lunch have expired. For the 2022-23 school year, Holly Academy will still offer breakfast and lunch through the School Breakfast Program and National School Lunch Program.
What does this mean for families?
If you were classified as Direct Certified for the 2021-22 school year (SNAP, TANF, Foster child, Medicaid – Free, or Medicaid – Reduced), those benefits will carry over through the first 30 days of the 2022-23 school year. After 30 days, anyone that is not currently Direct Certified will be removed and changed to Paid status.
If you are new to Holly Academy, you should have received a separate email from noreply@myschoolaccount with a subject of Welcome Letter for myschoolaccount.com. You will need information from this email to set-up your My School Account and your RevTrak account.
Meal Prices for 2022-23
Free Status – Free
Reduced Status - $.30 per breakfast
Paid Status - $2.50 per breakfast
Free Status – Free
Reduced Status - $.40 per lunch
Paid Status - $4.00 per lunch
We will have pizza available a la carte on Mondays and Fridays for the 2022-23 school year. You are able to purchase pizza a la carte without purchasing the full lunch. If you would like to purchase a full lunch you will have the option to add additional slices. Cost is $1.50 per slice.
We will also have milk available a la carte for both breakfast and lunch. Cost is $.65.
Payment for breakfast and lunch
Since My School Account is a point of sale system and we require all students to preorder, the cost of the meals will be listed as $0.00 (with the exception of a la carte items). As meals are served, balances will be updated in My School Account.
When you order in August for August/September and you only order full meals (no a la carte), you will not owe any money at checkout. When you order for October and any meals served in September will have been charged to your account. You will need to pay any negative balance prior to checking out at this time. Please review the items in your cart carefully.
If you have sufficient funds in your child’s My School Account, please go to www.myschoolaccount.com and place your order.
If you do not have sufficient funds in your My School Account you will need to add funds via RevTrak. Please use this link to add funds. RevTrak - Food Service
If you add items to your My School Account to determine the amount due for checkout, then add funds in your RevTrak account, you will need to log out and then log in again for the funds to show in your My School Account.
If you have any questions regarding Food Service for the 2022-23 school year, please contact Angie Cryderman at email@example.com or 248-634-5554 x154.
To ensure that we are providing the healthiest environment for our Huskies, our expectation is that staff and families will use good judgment and stay home when they are sick. Should your child have a fever, our school protocol is that they may not return to school until they are fever free, without medication, for 24 hours. Should your Husky be exposed to a positive case, we will follow the Oakland County Health Department’s guidelines.
HA will continue our daily cleaning protocols using products approved by the CDC to be effective against the COVID-19 virus.
Attached below are the most recent Oakland County Health Department COVID-19 guidelines as of March 1, 2022.
It’s great to be a Husky!
Holly Days Parade
Be on the lookout for more information regarding the Holly Days Parade and Community
- Aug. 25 - Open House, 6:00-7:30pm
- Aug. 29 - First day of school for 1st-8th grades
- Aug. 30 - First day of school for Y5 and kindergarten
- Aug. 30 - New family Coffee & Conversation at 8:00am
- Sept. 2 - No school
- Sept. 5 - Labor Day
- Sept. 9 - Patriot Day (observed) free dress down day if students wear red, white, & blue
- Sept. 10 - Holly Days Parade, 11:00am
- Sept. 14 - PTO meeting at 8:00am in the auditorium
- Sept. 16 - Citizenship Day (observed) free dress down day if students wear red, white, & blue
- Sept. 19 - Virtual Curriculum Night, 5:30-7:30pm
- Sept. 21 - Picture day
- Sept. 23 - PTO dress down day, $1.00
- Sept. 30 - PTO dress down day, $1.00