Tusculum View Tiger Talk
Weekly News for the Week of May 3, 2021
Tusculum View Mission Statement
Tusculum View has a heart for ALL kids by providing engaging opportunities to achieve excellence.
Good afternoon Tiger families,
I hope everyone had a great weekend! We will begin TCAP testing for grades 3-5 this Tuesday, May 4th. Students need to plan on getting in bed early and eating a good breakfast each morning. Schedules for drop off and pick up have been sent to EDGE families. If you have any questions, please reach out to the school at 639.2751.
Mr. Starnes and our school system strive to keep the safety of our students and staff at the forefront of our decision making. COVID has presented many challenges to keeping schools open and having safety protocols in place that prevent the spread of the virus. The safety of students and staff will remain at the forefront of our decision making process. Please see Mr. Starnes announcement below.
This is Steve Starnes, Director of Greeneville City Schools. As communicated in the GCS Framework for Safe Return to School, it was stated that we would be responsive to the current conditions in relation to the pandemic. As conditions have improved within the community, the decision has been made to make masks optional when students are outdoors. The mask requirement will remain in effect indoors at this time. We will continue to monitor conditions and make changes as warranted. Thank you for your support of Greeneville City Schools.
I hope each of you has a great week!
Afternoon Tiger Time is over for the school year. Please make plans for after school transportation if your student attended Tiger Time. Morning Tiger Time will continue through May 13th.
TCAP testing will be held for grades 3-5 from May 3 - 14. Make up days may be later if needed.
2nd grade in-person students will take the CASE assessment May 3rd and 5th, as well as one day the following week.
Yearbooks are sold out! Thank you for your quick response to purchasing one for your student.
TVES is partnering with Books are Fun to bring an amazing opportunity for EVERY student in our school to recieve a book at NO COST! This program will end this Friday, May 7th. You still have time to enter 10 emails and get free books for your student!
In the spirit of giving and serving our community, TV will begin collecting items Monday, April 26th - Thursday, May 20th for the Greeneville Greene County Humane Society!
If you have had a change in address, phone numbers, or emergency contacts, please contact the school at 423.639.2751 ASAP to get your information updated.
Reminder about dress code as warmer weather approaches.
Please refer to the TV handbook as the weather warms and shorts and tank tops are worn more frequently.
- Halter tops, tops with spaghetti straps, tank tops, and mesh tops may be worn with a shirt under them or if the straps are the width of a credit card.
- Skirts and Shorts must be proper length (finger tip length)
- Please be aware that each FRIDAY there are assignments for ALL students to complete. Many students are not completing work on FRIDAY and are being counted absent. Please talk with your students and make sure they are completing work each day of the week, including Friday.
- Mrs. Lesa will no longer be serving extras in the cafe until further notice.
- Please remember that we will not be able to allow vehicles to begin lining up in our parking lots or the side roads until 2:55 pm for afternoon student pickup.
- Lunch and breakfast are free for all students until the June.