Information for the 2020-2021 School Year
Amity Elementary - Home of the Groundhogs
Boise, ID 83709
Attendance Line: 208-854-4226
Visit Amity's Website at amity.boiseschools.org
Follow on Twitter: @AmityElem
Follow on Instagram: amityelem
Valerie Uhlorn, Principal email@example.com
Randi Brattin, Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacy Garey, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Amity PTA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amity PTA Facebook: Amity PTA
Amity PTA Instagram: amitypta
2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration/Screening Information
The Boise School District Kindergarten Registration/Screening at Amity Elementary will be held on March 5, 2020 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in the school gymnasium. It is important that you begin planning now by making sure that you have your child’s birth certificate and updated immunization records. This paperwork will be needed upon enrollment.
When you come to Kindergarten Registration/Screening, you will need to bring:
- Your child
- Birth Certificate for your child (birth certificates can be ordered online at https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/?TabId=82)
- Immunization Records (see document below for more information)
- Proof of residency (See Verification of Residency Form at end of newsletter for more info)
- Any legal paperwork that reflects child custody.
If you are NOT currently living in the Amity Elementary school boundary, but would like to apply for OPEN ENROLLMENT for your child to attend Kindergarten at Amity, please follow the directions below.
- Pick up an Open Enrollment form from the school office. Fill it out and get it submitted to the school office as soon as possible. (Form is also attached below)
- Please attend the Registration/Screening day at your child’s boundary/home school. It is very important that you enroll at your boundary school in case we are not able to accommodate for your child’s open enrollment at Amity. You will NOT attend Amity’s Registration/Screening on March 5, 2020. We will request records from your child’s boundary/home school upon acceptance of your child’s open enrollment.
- Make sure that you have your child’s birth certificate and immunization records. If your child’s open enrollment is accepted, we will need to have copies of these to complete enrollment.
- Check our event calendar on Amity's website in August; if a Sneak Peek is scheduled, it will be noted on the calendar.
Immunizations Needed for Enrollment
The Idaho Immunization Law requires an official immunization record that verifies the following:
3 Hep B
2 Hep A
It is the parent’s responsibility to provide this information to the school upon enrollment. Central District Health Department has daily immunization clinics. Please call them at 208-327-7450 for an appointment. You have plenty of time prior to the start of school to complete any needed immunizations. Do not delay in making an appointment if your child still needs shots. Compliant immunization records are required for your child to attend.
Parents may choose to exempt their child from the state school immunization requirements for personal, medical or religious reasons. If an exemption is submitted, and there is an outbreak of the disease for which the exemption is signed, the exempted student may be excluded from school for the period deemed necessary by public health officials. Exemption forms will be available at Kindergarten Registration.
Not Sure if Amity is Your Boundary School?
2020-2021 FULL DAY Kindergarten - Tuition Information
Full day kindergarten is an income based fee program. A minimum enrollment of 18 students must be met at each school site to maintain the full day kindergarten program.
There is a one-time, NON-REFUNDABLE $35.00 registration fee, payable at time of acceptance into the program. You will be contacted with payment instructions upon acceptance.
- The tuition for the Full Day Kindergarten program is $250 per month.
- If your family qualifies for Reduced Lunch, tuition is $150 per month.
- If you family qualifies for Free Lunch, the tuition is waived.
- Click here to view the Free or Reduced Lunch application and to obtain more information about the program.
If you want to enroll your child in the Full Day Kindergarten program, you will need to fill out the FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN APPLICATION. If you think your family qualifies for free or reduced lunch, you will also need to fill out the 2020-2021 Sliding Scale application. These forms will need to be submitted with all of the other enrollment paperwork needed for enrollment.
Kindergarten Pre-Registration Available Now
Please submit the paperwork to your child's boundary school office now or wait until the screening on March 5, 2020. If enrolling at Amity, please indicate if you would prefer 1/2 day kindergarten or full day kindergarten. Full day kindergarten is tuition based and 1/2 day is free.
Enrollments will not be made until after the March 5, 2020 screening, but you will save time at the screening by pre-registering.