Bridging Success for ELs
Based on the WIDA Training "CLIMBS"
What is CLIMBS?
CLIMBS is professional learning curriculum designed to introduce participants to WIDA resources and the use of research-based approaches that support English Learners. This professional learning opportunity will allow you to work within the MTSS framework to support English Learners in your school. Teams will be led in:
- Developing foundational understanding of second language acquisition processes
- Practicing strategies to differentiate instruction according to students’ English language development levels
- Exploring formative assessment as a strategy to expand language learning for students
- Integrating WIDA ELD Standards, Features of Academic Language, and Performance Definitions for planning and instruction
- Collaborating with other educators to support ELL success
Who Should Attend?
This innovative professional learning series has been designed to be attended by building or district teams of educators which may include:
- ESL teacher/specialist
- Classroom/content teacher(s)
- Support staff
We require a team of at least two educators from your building or district to register for the series together.
Who are our facilitators?
Kendra Seitz & Maggie Wolski are ESL teachers in Rochester Community Schools.
The CLIMBS Course was developed by the WIDA Consortium. The trainers of this course have attended a training-of-trainers institute and have been authorized to deliver the CLIMBS Course content.