May 23, 2022
This is the LAST Bulldog Bulletin for 21-22 School Year! Check out our Facebook Page over the Summer for Updates!
22-23 Registration Information
- NEW Student Registration 8:00-1:00... This is for students who are new to Sumner County/new to Benny Bills.
Monday, July 25th: 4:30-7:00
Tuesday, July 26th: 4:30-7:30
RETURNING students to BBE will be able to meet teachers once the registration process is completed.
Students who are NEW to BBE will enroll and be placed in classrooms after registration nights are completed. Teachers will contact families prior to the first day of school and families are welcome to walk students to class on the first day.
Monday, August 1st:
- 1st Day of School!!
- An official birth certificate showing the student’s date of birth. If the student was born in Tennessee, a copy of the birth certificate can be obtained at any Tennessee Health Department location.
- Evidence of a current medical examination. This applies to kindergarten, first grade and other students for whom there is no health record.
- Immunization record: Parents are required to provide a Tennessee School Immunization Record when enrolling their children in Sumner County Schools for the first time. This record is available from your pediatrician or from the Sumner County Health Department. (A list of required vaccines can be found here) There are Health Department Offices at: 1005 Union School Road in Gallatin, 214 W. Longview Drive in Portland, and at the Hendersonville Clinic, 351 New Shackle Island Rd. in Hendersonville.
- A photo ID is requested to identify the parent/guardian enrolling a child.
- At least two (2) documents establishing proof of residence are required:
- Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for specific address (Notary public or typed/hand written letters from the land owner are not accepted.)
- Current invoice/bill (electric, gas, water, landline telephone) assigned to a specific address and the primary custodial parent/guardian. (Cell phone bill is not accepted.)
Summer Opportunity at Sumner County Museum
Registration is now open for the Sumner County Museum's Hidden History Passport! Made with elementary-aged kids in mind, this 10-stop passport will take you and your family across Sumner County, exploring historic homes, museums, and other stops along the way. Kids will have a task or question to complete at each stop and when the 10 stops have been completed, the kids can collect their prize (a t-shirt which they will be able to pick the design for when registering!). The cost is only $10/child which covers the cost of all elements connected with the passport.
Registration is open today and runs through June 6; you'll have until July 31 to complete the passport. Find all details and get registered at sumnercountymuseum.org/passport.