costume scene investigation
- the clothing was made of wool, fabric, and cotton but usually was made of linen
- Men in ancient Greece customarily wore a chiton similar to the one worn by women, but knee-length or shorter.
womens top garments
- Lebanon were used by wealthy women
- women sometimes were wore an epiblema
- Greek men wore hats for functional purposes, not fashionable ones.
- pilos, petasos, and Phrygian caps were worn for work or travel by farmers, soldiers, and travelers.
- Decorative headgear included wreaths made of natural branches or golden ornaments that were worn for special occasions and to signify great honors.
Mens and womens footware
- The black leather senator's shoe or calceus senatorius had 4 straps. A senator had a crescent shape on the top of his shoes.
- There was an impressive soldier's almost-knee-high dress boot with feline head, known asembromides
- There were also house sandals or soleae
- the Greeks were the first people to make jewelry
- the first accesories were made of shells
- Most Greeks wore breastplates made of bronze.
- The Greeks developed armor to benefit these factors.