Week of 10/12-10/16
What Happened This Week?
• Learned about the super bossy R.
• Expanded our knowledge on Main Idea and Supporting Details.
• Worked on comparing measurements.
• Studied line plots graphs.
• Explored different weather storms: Hurricanes and Tornadoes
• Continued working on our Halloween/ Fall narratives.
• It was our second week of our new behavior system. Don't forget to ask your child how many bubbles they had left at the end of each day.
• Mrs. Prabhu was our wonderful Mystery Reader for the week.
• We talked about synonyms and capitalization rules.
• We started our in class meteorologist project. Our weather reports have been fantastic!
What's Going on Next Week?
• The kids will learn how to identify the plot of a story. We will also talk about cause and effect and how it relates to a character's reaction in a story.
• After an editing lesson, each child will have the opportunity to edit their own narratives.
• Our spelling pattern is contractions.
• We will take part in a bus evacuation drill on Wednesday.
• The kids will learn about blizzards and earthquakes.
• Next week, will be our final full week of Unit 1 for math.
• Please remind your child to clean out their red folder each night. This will help them stay organized with any new materials that go home.
• Library is on Fridays.
• Spirit Day is on 10/23. Please show your Hawthorn pride!
• Midterms go home on Monday, October 19th. Please return the envelope with your signature to school. I have also included your conference time on your midterm sheet.
Looking to Get Involved?
• I am looking for parents that would like to assist with writing conferences. At this time, kids will read you their work, and you will help them edit their piece. I have packets that will help outline what to do with each child. Let me know if you would like to help.