Center Community Chat
January 23, 2022
Dear Center Community,
We welcomed back our furry friends to Center this week. The therapy dogs from She's a keeper will be visiting once a month at Center. This week they visited students in grades 2-4 in the A wing and will make their way to students in the B wing (grades K-2) next month. They are a huge hit and bring smiles to all students and staff they come in contact with.
Kindergarten registration begins next week on Wednesday and Thursday. Please register eligible children and encourage others to do so. This allows us to have accurate enrollment numbers to plan for the upcoming academic year. Please see details below.
- Please provide masks that fit securely over students' noses and below their mouth. Remind them to adjust their mask when "their snout is out." This is essential given the recent surge in cases.
- Please make sure children are dressed appropriately for the winter weather. Students will be going out for recess if the RealFeel temperature is 20 degrees or warmer and it is not raining during their recess time slot. Students will be able to play in the snow and on the swings during recess if they are wearing snow pants, boots and a jacket.
Take a break from cooking and support Center by ordering from the Establishment on Tuesday. Be well and have a good week.
Dianna and Donna
- Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022, from 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 27, 2022, from 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Chelmsford Public Schools Central Administration Office, 230 North Road, North Chelmsford, MA.
For more information and what documents you will need, please visit our registration page on our website.
Attention 3rd grade parents
Dear 3rd Grade Parent,
Massachusetts General Law 105 CMR 200.00 Section 100 requires that a child be examined every three to four years after entering school. Chelmsford Public Schools requires a current physical exam in the school health record for all kindergarten, third, sixth, and ninth graders. A physical completed between Jan 2021 and June 2022 (18 months) is requested.
A Physical Exam includes a statement that your child has no physical restrictions and communicates that your child is safe to participate in all school activities. Please send in a copy. If needed, send in the original and a copy can be made and the original will be returned to you. Your child’s doctor’s office may fax one to Center School Nurse at 978-256-4282 (Fax).
Kathy Rossman BSN RN”
Notes from the Nurse
Due to the recent surge in Covid related illness, the health office is experiencing a higher than usual volume of calls, emails, and test related inquiries as well as office visits and covid testing procedures. Please note that the nurse may not be able to reply as quickly as has been past practice. We appreciate your support and cooperation as we navigate these challenging times.
If you are leaving a phone message or email (email is the preferred method of communication) because your child has tested positive, please include the following:
- Name of child
- Grade of child
- Name of teacher
- Date of symptom onset (if no symptoms were experienced, please note the date the test was taken)
- Date of testing, type of test performed (home, PCR or antigen).
- If the positive test was obtained from a home test, if possible, please schedule a PCR lab test to confirm.
- Date the last time your child was present in school
- Does your child attend school activities or sports and list the activity or team
- Is your child vaccinated? ( you may elect not to share this information, if so, please indicate that you elect not to share.) If your child is vaccinated and the school does not have a copy of the vaccine cared, please upload the card using this link below.
*Please note, you must be logged into your student's CPS Lions Google Account to access these links for the Vaccination Card Upload and the Consent for Pooled Testing and/or Test and Stay.
Vaccination Card Upload: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLg4x9m0cWBTH3YZ35ExGgt2QsPWnHY5cNarNmpRoNkTyMfQ/viewform
Consent form for Pooled Testing and/or Test and Stay: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfSHazJ4EQvmKRfes5QkMmCdcjOjrqpTlecVxPd6PXMlmLZA/viewform
CPS Covid-19 Health and Safety Protocol : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C4T8zAWpE5uXf_OLkpG85L8GyiZ-a15lQKpabcbtZdY/edit?usp=sharing
Peggy Gump, M.Ed BSN RN
Coordinator of Nursing Services
Enjoyed the visit from our furry friends!
Students caught showing their PRIDE
Monday, January 24: Ms. Driscoll & Ms. Gregorys' conferences
Tuesday, January 25: Dining to Donate at the Establishment
Wednesday, January 26: Grades available online for parents Kindergarten
Thursday, January 27: Grade 1- Discovery Museum enrichment (Sound)
Tuesday, February 8: Gr 2 Enrichment - high touch, high tech
11:00am - 12:15pm
1:10 - 2:25pm
Wednesday, February 9: Half Day - Professional Day
Tuesday, February 15: Gr 2 Enrichment - high touch, high tech
11:00am - 12:15pm
1:10 - 2:25pm
Wednesday, February16: Therapy Dog Visit 9-11
Thursday, February 17: Center Virtual Bingo, 6:30
Monday, February 21: February recess
Monday, February 28: Return from break