Are Computer Cookies good or bad?
Most major websites now install cookies and over time it will create a digital profile about you basically an online finger print. There isn't normally any harm in them but some websites will have a cookie in them what will get your online profile and send the details back to the hacker or spyware which will put you at risk, This is why its best to disable cookies (Better safe than sorry) and install an anti-virus software, I would personally suggest AVG Anti-Virus.
How do I disable cookies?
- Click on the spanner icon in the top right of the browser
- Click on "Options"
- Click on "Under the Bonnet" (UK) / "Under the Hood" (US)
- Click on the "Content settings" button in the Privacy section
- Ensure that "Allow local data to be set" is selected
- Select "Block sites from setting any data"
- Go to Tools in the menu bar
- Click on Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab on top
- Move the slider up to the "Block all Cookies" button
How do i set up Anti-Virus software?
Here is a link i would suggest but if you do bit of research you may find a better and more comfortable software, The decision is yours.