THIRD GRADE NEWSLETTER
MRS. LEMAY'S CLASS
A LOOK AT THE WEEK.....
- READING--We are continuing our work in building our stamina in reading, how to choose "just right" books, character traits, and making predictions. We are also exploring various fiction and informational/non-fiction books. MAP Reading Testing will be Thursday and Friday of this week.
- MATH--We took the chapter test for Topic One Friday and began Topic 2--Addition, Estimating, and Rounding today!
- SPELLING--We are working on word work and assessments. Spelling will officially begin next Monday!
- HEALTH--Bus Safety
- WRITER'S WORKSHOP--We are currently at the editing step of the Personal Narrative process!
- Today was picture day! If your child missed the photos today, retakes will be available. I will post the date as I am notified.
- Homework begins today! We are having a third grade meeting to set expectations and explain the process today in class. Your child will be bringing an informational sheet home as well. These sheets are due weekly, with next Monday being the first due date. iPads will be going home Monday and Tuesday this week in order to assist the students with their homework. These iPads are being monitored by Mrs. Bealka, our technology specialist, and the only apps allowed are those that the teachers here at school have added to the iPads. No App Store downloads are allowed at home. These iPads need to be returned the next school day. iPads going home will be determined by the homework assigned each week and their necessity at home. Thanks for your support at home on this.
- Fundraiser forms were due today. Thanks to those who have sent them in already! If your child has not sent them in yet, please do so as soon as possible. Thanks much!