News and Notes for the Madison Staff (4/24/15)
Interesting article regarding children's self-esteem and the impact of praise
Tell everyone what you think: https://docs.google.com/a/cusd200.org/forms/d/1DUuFBq_jOOBdABojG2pfQUuWuFzl2LHfcWOEvzzDR70/viewform?embedded=true"
ELA Pacing Guide
- number of standards in each trimester
- phrasing of standards (understandable for parents?)
- trimester(s) the standards are assessed on report card.
Permenant Sub Update
- Ruheena Padshah is no longer a permenant substitute. She is a college observer in Amy King's room three days a week, but is available to sub on Thursdays and Fridays for jobs in Subfinder.
- Subs are often hard to come by this time of year. So, to finish this year, please submit your sub needs on SubFinder. Jobs that are not picked up will be filled by Sarah Wojtovich. Today we had a great example of the need to keep Sarah available as a need arose and subs are hard to come by this time of year (especially on Fridays).
Fountas and Pinnell
- In May, K-2 students will all be assessed.
- K-2 teachers all receive one day sub. Kim receives 2 sub days.
- See Stacy to plan ahead.
- Grade 3-4 students will be assessed if "below level" on multiple assessments.
- Find protocols here by searching "Fountas"
Mon, Apr 27: PARCC Testing
Tue, Apr 28: PARCC Testing
Tue, Apr 28: 7PM "Digital Safety Seminar" w/ Att General Specialist @ Hubble http://goo.gl/forms/MfQRSARVcG
Wed, Apr 29: PARCC Testing
Wed, Apr 29: New parent orientation at Edison
Wed, Apr 29: 8:30AM Staff Meeting
Mon, May 4: Teacher Appreciation Week
Mon, May 4: 2:30PM All School Outdoor Photo
Wed, May 6: "Bike to School Day"
Thu, May 7: 10AM and 1:30PM Kindergarten Visitation
Fri, May 8: 9:30AM Orchestra, Band and Chorus Concert
Mon, May 11: 7PM Band, Orchestra, Chorus Concert
Thu, May 14: 11:30-1:00PM Aide Appreciation Lunch
Fri, May 15: "Paw"sitive Behavior Assembly (TBD)
Mon, May 18: Grade Level Problem Solving Meetings (Class Lists)
Thu, May 21: 12PM PTA Meeting
Fri, May 22: EMD
Thu, May 28: 4PM District retirement celebration
Fri, May 29: Madison retirement party
Thu, June 4: Volunteer Appreciation Lunch
Thu, June 4: Field Day
Mon, Aug 17: Institute Day (at Madison all day)
Mon, Aug 17: Meet and Treat
Tue, Aug 18: Teacher Work Day
Wed, Aug 19: First Day (Grades 1-12)
Thu, Aug 20: First Day (EC-Kindergarten)
Thu, Sep 3: Picture Day
Wed, Sep 16 and 17: Madison Run-a-Thon
Fri, Sep 25: Institute Day
Sat, Oct 17: PTA Trivia Night
Thu, Nov 12: Multi-Cultural Day
Fri, Nov 13: Teacher Work Day