What to expect as a teen mom
- If you are sexually active and miss your period, then visit your doctor for a pregnancy test.
- If you are experiencing nausea, tender breasts, fatigue, cravings, increased urination, and missed your period then you may be pregnant.
- If you are pregnant and this wasn't planned then you have options for yourself and your baby.
- You can keep the baby, have the baby be adopted, and get an abortion.
Less than 2% of teen moms earn a college degree by age 30.
3 in 10 teen American girls will get pregnant at least once before age 20. That’s nearly 750,000 teen pregnancies every year.
A sexually active teen who doesn’t use contraceptives has a 90% chance of becoming pregnant within a year.
- What you eat and how much you eat can effect the baby's future.
- Cutting out alcohol and drugs will help you and your child.
- Expect you body to change through the 9 months, you will gain 16 to 40 pounds.
- Prepare a birthing plan so you can be prepared