Student Announcements [T]
See translation information below / Consulte la información de traducción a continuación.
📣 STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
Week of October 10, 2022
October is College Knowledge Month at SLPHS
Spring Lake Park High School is celebrating College Knowledge Month. With Minnesota colleges and universities, there are a number of special events happening throughout the month - Here is the next two weeks:
- Rep Visit Presentation: University of Wisconsin Madison | 9:30am in B138
- Seminar: UW Madison hosts The College Search and Tips for post high school by rep Megan Thompson | 10am in B138
- Rep Visit Presentation: North Hennepin Community College, Jamilka Leon | 1:10pm in B138
- Seminar: Get Help Completing your College Applications; Jamilka Leon NHCC | 1:45pm in B138 (12th grade only)
- Rep Visit: University of North Dakota | 10am in B138
- Rep Visit: University of Minnesota Twin Cities | 10am in the FAC
- Rep Visit: Southwest MN state rep visit | 10am in B138
- Rep Visit Presentation: University of Oregon with Lauren Hobbs | Learn about UO and student life, application information as well as scholarships and financial aid | 10am in FAC
- Rep Visit: St. Catherine University rep visit |10am in B138
- Rep Visit: University of St. Thomas rep visit | 10am in B138
- Rep Visit: Century College | 10am in B138
- Seminar: Application Questions? We can help! | 9am in B138 (12th grade only)
- Seminar: How to Write an Application Essay, hosted by Ms. Cassidy | 1:10pm in B138
- NO SCHOOL
- NO SCHOOL
- Field Trip: Field Trip! The College of St. Scholastica 8am-4:30pm - Limited space - see Ms. Blaido
- Seminar: Host Jesus Hernandez Mejia from Gustavus Adolphus College | General College Knowledge Presentation | 6:30pm In English | 7:30pm in Spanish - FAC - Troy
- Seminar (Seniors): Senior Parent Meeting | 6:30pm - Lindsey/Jennifer
- Seminar (Seniors): Info Session on Direct Admit Program | 7:30pm - Boucher
Boys Volleyball Club
Team meeting for Captains and Fundraising information:
Boys Volleyball will have a team player meeting this Friday, October 14 in the health room from 3-4 p.m. Nominations will be taken for team Captain(s) and required fundraising to help each participating player defray their costs for the season will be discussed. Questions? email Coach Deegan firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Lake Park Schools Community Education offers teen driver’s education in cooperation with Safeway Driving School. Safeway Driving School has been graduating teen drivers in the Twin Cities area for over 40 years and their instructors are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
Panther Foundation Sweepstakes winner
Congratulations to Edwin Vara Vazquez, the 2nd annual Panther Pride Sweepstakes winner for the high school. He has won a $50 Panther Store Gift Card and $500 towards a project here at SLPHS. Edwin selected more time sitting in the courtyard from a list of proposed projects.
Register for winter athletics
Registration for Minnesota State High School League athletics is open for the winter. Visit the registration page to register today. Registration will remain open for the first few weeks of the season. There are many great opportunities for students to get involved
Here's what is available:
- Adapted Floor Hockey (co-op with Centennial)
- Boys Basketball
- Boys Hockey
- Boys Swim & Dive
- Dance, co-ed
- Girls Hockey (co-op with Centennial)
- Girls Basketball
- Gymnastics (co-op with St. Anthony)
- Nordic Ski, co-ed
- Wrestling (co-op with Irondale)
There are also more than 40 student-based interest clubs and activities are currently being offered at SLPHS. Be sure to check out the wide variety of activities offered and get involved today!
Thursday, October 13 at 10 a.m. seniors will gather in the bleachers of Panther Stadium for you Senior Panoramic Picture. If inclement weather, we will gather in Panther Gym.
Requesting your Transcript through Naviance
You must indicate that you have sent your application and you must request a transcript in Naviance. If you need help with this, please first go to the Class of 23 Folder in Schoology and look in the red Counselor folder and if you still don't understand, reach out to your counselor.
Translate This Message / Traducir Este Mensaje
To translate this information to another language, please click anywhere on the message to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir la información a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del mensaje para abrirlo en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.