Edition 3: August 29th, 2021
Hello Bearcub families,
Our first full week is in the books and we had a wonderfully busy week on campus last week!
Our Bearcubs have started diving into curriculum in their classrooms and we are continuing to encourage them on campus in our core values of being a CUB. Our Bearcubs have settled into campus life this past week and a 1/2 and can now navigate their schedule, know where the support offices are located, and how lunchtime works on campus. This week we will begin holding our Bearcubs accountable to dress code and tardies while continuing to provide lots of support and guidance. We know our students are going to continue to do great and our staff will be available if they need any help on campus.
This week's newsletter contains our Save the Date for Fall Open House, chromebook info, busing information, and more.
We hope that everyone has a wonderful evening and as always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our staff.
~Kleb Intermediate Administration
Save the Date: Fall Open House
Looking ahead, we will hold our Fall Open House on September 29th from 6-7:30 pm. All of our staff members will be in attendance and our families will be able to meet the teachers while following their student's schedule. There will also be opportunities to speak with our counselors, specialists, and administration. We hope to see everyone there!
Reminders for this Week:
Chromebook Rollout Information & Digital Support:
Kleb Intermediate is still a one-to-one campus for Chromebook devices. All returning Bearcubs should bring their devices with them each day to school. All of our 6th grade students or new to Kleb 7th & 8th grade students will need to pay the fee or deposit for the devices through Schoolcash in order to be issued a school device during Chromebook rollout. We will be rolling out Chromebooks each Wednesday for any student that has paid the fee/deposit by the Friday before. All returning Bearcubs that already has a device will also need to pay the Chromebook fee/deposit prior to October 10th in order to retain a working device.
Please contact our IT repair center if you have any questions.
Early Dismissals and School Fees:
In order to facilitate a safe dismissal for all of our Bearcubs, we are asking that all early dismissals take place for students prior to 3:30 pm each afternoon. Any early dismissal requests after 3:30 each day will be asked to wait until all students dismiss at 4:06. Thank you!
School fees for courses on campus can be found and paid through SchoolCash. Supplies which include PE lockers and uniforms will be distributed through classes beginning this week. Please contact your student's teacher of record for questions regarding specific fees or requirements.
District Bus Status Dashboard Starts Monday, August 30th
In addition to the district's bus status dashboard, we will continue to have our Kleb bus dismissal slidedeck available with real time updates. Our Kleb dismissal slidedeck can be found our Kleb homepage under Quicklinks found HERE.
The district is also rolling a Bus Status Dashboard beginning tomorrow and they shared the following information last Friday via email:
- We are building a Bus Status Dashboard, which clearly displays bus routes that are running more than 15 minutes behind normal. This dashboard will be available beginning Monday, August 30, 2021, on our district transportation page or accessed directly at https://kleinisd.net/busupdates. The dashboard will be updated during AM and PM bus routes daily, if there are delays. This will be a temporary solution to notify schools and families of delayed routes until the SMART tag system is fully operational.
- We are working with our SMART tag vendor to launch our bus route monitoring system, which should be launched by early October due to pandemic-caused hardware delays of equipment coming from China. We will continue to update you regarding SMART tag implementation.
Gifted & Talented Referral Window:
More information about the program and nomination forms can be found on by clicking on the slidedeck below or visiting the district website.
Upcoming Events from the Library!
Tues. Aug. 31st- First Unofficial Chess Club Meeting
Fri. Sept. 3rd- August Flipgrid Reading Challenge
Sept. 27th-Oct. 1st- Book Fair
Bearcubs of the Week
Teacher of the Week
Anna Bosquez - ELA Teacher
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" - Theodore Roosevelt
Where did you grow up? Houston, TX
How long have you been in education? Just started her 21st year!
Where did you go to school? University of Houston
What song would you say best sums you up? ‘Just the Way You Are’ - Bruno Mars
- Smart Tag School IDs & Lanyards
- Dress Code
- Kleb Bell Schedule
- School Supply Lists
- Bus Routes & Information
- Cell Phone Policy
- Clubs & Organizations
Can be found on our Back to School Website found here: https://sites.google.com/kleinisd.net/backtoschool2122
Welcome back Bearcubs. We are ready for an exciting year at Kleb. Here are three quick ways that you can help us help our students and staff.
1. Join the PTO - for as little as $10 you can be a part of an organization that exists to help ensure the success of our kids. Funds raised through PTO go directly back to support our school and no volunteering is required (unless you would like to). Join here https://sites.google.com/site/klebintpto
2. Volunteer - Many things at our school might go undone without the help of our awesome volunteers. You can volunteer as little or as much as you would like. Want to take your volunteer time up a level? We are looking for board members for our 2021-22 PTO. To volunteer complete your application here https://kleinisd.net/cms/One.aspx?portalId=568125&pageId=16247612
3. Support our school while shopping - That's right, you can support our school just by doing normal weekly tasks. Select Kleb Intermediate on your Kroger card or find us on Amazon Smile.
Annual Student Update: Required for all current Klein ISD students
Car Rider Pick-Up & Drop Off
7th Grade or New to Kleb Immunization Records
Records can be faxed or emailed directly to our school nurse, Ms. Scannell at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you for your help with this!
Visitors should ring the doorbell located at the front door of the school in order to notify the front office staff of your arrival.
Visitors will be asked to present their IDs to the camera before entering the building.
Once inside, visitors should report to the main office to check-in and receive their visitors badge.
Students will not be released to visitors during school hours without a photo ID, thank you for understanding and for helping us to keep our Bearcubs safe.
Regular school attendance is essential for a student to make the most of his or her education—to benefit from teacher-led and school activities, to build each day’s learning on the previous day’s, and to grow as an individual. Absences from class may result in serious disruption of a student’s mastery of the instructional materials; therefore, the student and parent should make every effort to avoid unnecessary absences.
Did you know you can now report an absence in Skyward? Click HERE for more information.
Any student who is absent for the whole day is required to produce one of the following within 5 days of their absence(s):
· Parent Note
· Parent email (within 5 days of absence)
· Original medical note (copies or altered notes will not be accepted)
· Faxed notes must be sent from physician’s office
· Court note
· Official note for observance of approved religious holy days
***If a student is absent for part of the day for a doctor appointment, their absence will be coded as Section 25 (temporary absence) if the student follows the following procedure: The student must return the doctor excuse to the Attendance Office immediately upon returning to school to receive the Section 25 coding for their absence.
If a student does not produce one of the items listed above within the allotted timeframe, that absence will be considered unexcused and counted toward their total semester absences.
Klein ISD takes attendance very seriously, and we want to see your child succeed at Kleb. If you have any questions regarding attendance, please feel free to contact the attendance office at 832-249-5495 or reach out to your assistant principal.
Additional attendance information can be found starting on page 36 of the 20-21 Student Handbook.