Thank you for being such amazing partners with our school. As we continue to navigate through another year, unlike any other, it is important that we support the education of our students.
It was great to see all our students return to learning after a wonderful Fall break. We look forward to seeing you for parent/teacher conferences this week, whether it be in person or virtually. Please be sure to sign up for a conference if you have not already had the opportunity. Our next digital learning day for all students is Wednesday, October 20th, and early release is Thursday, October 21st. Students will be released at 12:15pm on October 21st. Please plan transportation arrangements and send a note to the office requesting any changes.
Please continue to check our website and social media pages for calendar updates and events. I look forward to our continued partnerships to ensure both a rewarding and successful school year.
Gwenda Nimmo - Smith
Early Release Conferences and Digital Learning Day
October 20th and 21st are parent-teacher conference days. We strongly encourage all parents to have a conference with their child's teacher as they will share pertinent information regrading your child's current academic progress. Conferences are available both days, so please be sure to visit the conference link below to sign-up with the appropriate teacher(s) and see individual teachers' schedules.
Conferences will be held via Zoom or in person (parent's choice). If parents elect for the digital option, the Zoom link will be available in the time slot signed up with the individual teacher on PTCFast. If parents elect for the face-to-face option, please wear a face mask throughout the duration of time spent in the building and please arrive on time to respect other conferences.
Sign-up link for conferences: https://ptcfast.com/schools/Annistown_Elementary
- DLD Day #2 is also Wednesday, October 20th. All students will learn from home and should visit their teacher's eClass page for assignments to complete. Please ensure you have completed the Chromebook Request Form if your student(s) will need a device for completing DLD assignments. Link to request a Chromebook: https://forms.gle/5Q1vxaagDrjqHWzPA
- Early release dismissal begins at 12:15 on Thursday, October 21st. Students will receive breakfast and lunch as normal before being dismissed.
Annistown Elementary Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
Join us for FAMILY LITERACY NIGHT!
Thursday, Oct. 28th, 5:30-7:45pm
Annistown Elementary School
Join us for FUN, GAMES AND RESOURCES to support literacy at home!
Students and their families are encouraged to dress as their favorite book characters!
See flyer for additional information.
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
Please use the highlighted link above to complete the application.
Home - School Communication
Home to school communication is essential to student success.
Please frequently check our website: https://www.gcpsk12.org/AnnistownES, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @annistownes, and read all emails from Annistown Elementary School to stay up to date on all current and upcoming events, important updates, and invaluable information.
We will also communicate using the following tools:
Please make sure that our front office has your most current and updated contact information on file.
JOIN THE UPCOMING AKS@ HOME SESSIONS
You are an important partner with your child’s teacher, whether your child is learning at home or at school. To help you support your child’s learning, GCPS is launching a new initiative called AKS at Home. With this project, families will learn ways to help their child practice skills they are learning in class as part of the district’s Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) curriculum.
Where: Virtual meeting via Zoom, links can be found here http://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/home/public/parents/content/general-info/aksat-home/aks-at-home
Who: All Families of students in K - 5
Why: To learn an activity to help support your child at home in math and language arts.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can find the parent tip sheet and a recording of the meeting on the county website:
- School hours are 8:20AM - 3:20PM.
- Car Rider drop off: 8:10AM - 8:50AM; Parents must come inside to check students in after this time.
- Students are considered tardy at 8:50.
- Starting this year, announcements will begin 8:40am, so that instruction may begin promptly at 8:50am with our Morning Meeting. Thanks in advance for getting your scholar here on time and ready to learn.
- Dismissal begins with car riders at 3:15.
- Car riders dismissal: 3:15 - 3:55; after this time, parents must come inside to pick up their student.
- No student checkout after 2:30PM
- Office Hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- At this time, lunch visitors are not allowed. We will notify parents when we are able to accommodate parents in the cafeteria. Our cafeteria cannot accommodate the parent table at this time. We will keep you posted of any changes and appreciate your understanding.