May 6th, 2016
Glass Barn Field Trip
Field Trip Details
- Monday, May 9th
- Leave school at 9:15
- Return to school at 2:00
- Dress for the weather
- Sack lunch needed - no carbonated drinks
From Mrs. Fox
Dear Parent(s)/ Guardians,
The students and staff invite you to attend our Malala Showcase on Thursday, May 12th from 4:30-6:30 PM. Please come into the school and see what we’ve done with “Dear Malala, We Stand with You”. The students are proud of their hard work!
Writer's and Reader's Workshop: Studying forms of fiction is allowing us to review and revisit so many of the things we've been working on all year: characters and traits, setting, theme, point of view, etc. This week we focused on characters and character traits and setting. Next week we will be working on point of view.
Math Workshop: We've been deepening our understanding of graphs by taking the data we collected from our survey of the trees and putting it into one of the four types of graphs we learned about.
Science/Social Studies: We've been using most of our Social Studies time sharing about what we learned about Malala and heroes. This was an open-ended project and many groups have chosen to do plays that depict Malala's life. Students have also chosen to do poems, videos that complete the sentence, "Dear Malala, we stand with you because . . . " and even a flag that symbolizes Malala's achievements.
Our last NWEA will take place on Tuesday, May 10th.
That will be the last of the standardized testing for this year!
A note from our librarian, Mrs. Hicks
- May 2-6: This is the last week that you will bring your class down to check out books.
- May 9-13: All books will be due during this week, on your usual checkout day. (If students are using books for a project, they may keep them until done.)
- May 9-26: The library will be open. If you would like to schedule the library for a special activity, Makerspace, etc., please let me know! I will continue to update the weekly schedules online so that you can see when it is available during these weeks.
Finally, I will be offering summer library hours and the summer reading program again this year. I would like to talk to each class K-3 during the last couple of weeks of school to let students know how this program works.
Here's how to volunteer in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link below to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
If there is ever a transportation change for your child please send your child into school with a note, or contact the office by 2:00 pm. I must have a note from you or the office stating a transpiration change. If I do not receive a note I will send your child home the usual way.
Lunch Visits and Background Checks
For more information on background checks and the anti-bullying webinar, please visit: