Plumbrook Elementary School
Title I Information 2020-2021
What is the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)?
Did You Know About Title I?
- Title I is the largest federally funded educational program in the United States.
- Provides supplemental funds to assist schools with the highest student concentrations of poverty to meet school educational goals.
- Title I is designed to help students achieve proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards.
- Provide funds to districts in order to assist schools with the highest levels of economically disadvantaged children for improving student achievement, staff development, and parent and community involvement.
The Benefits of Title I Funding
Title I Literacy Support Program at Our School
The Value of Students Coming to School Every Day
The 3 best ways Parents can Help Teachers:
1. Be involved in your child’s education – show them that you care and create a positive ‘triangle’ relationship between yourself, your child and your child’s teacher.
2. Educate yourself on the current trends in education – how is your child’s teacher educating your child. Times change and so does the way we teach. As a parent it is your job to come to grips with the new ways of learning, to best support and guide your child through their learning journey.
3. Send them to school happy – Give your child a hug before they walk out the door and you head off to work. Look them in the eye and tell them how much you love them, how proud of them you are and boost their confidence every day. They will be more secure and ready to start a positive day of learning.
Parental and Family Engagement: Supporting the Academic Success of Children
Make sure your child reads daily for at least 20 min. Children who read for just 20 minutes per day see 1.8 million words each year and have scores on standardized tests in the 90th percentile (because they have experienced so many words!). A small amount of reading each day makes an incredible difference! (Nagy and Herman, 1987)
Check your child's take home folder or Schoology Course daily to ensure your child is completing assignments. Please help your child with homework if necessary.
The all-important ‘Education Triangle’ is the make or break relationship that exists between parents, teachers and students. This partnership must be strong, focused and positive to support student learning.
The author of this newsletter does not own the rights to the posted videos.