HA LONG BAY
Where is Ha Long Bay?
Why is it a popular tourist destination?
The reason why Ha Long Bay is a popular tourist destination is because of its zone of stone islands, world famous for its spectacular scenery of grottoes and caves, forms the central zone of Ha Long Bay, which has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
1. Population in the bay today about 1,540 people.
How do people live on the island?
Why do they chose to live here?
How long ago was it discovered?
- what type of people live in Ha Long Bay?
- What if its better having not so many people living there?
1. At the end of 1937, a Swedish archaeologist named Anderson, together with two French archaeologist sisters named conani, journeyed for months through Ha long bay sea. They climbed mountains, visited caves and explored the coast line.
Why did they chose to visit the island?
How did they climb the mountains?
- What if they weren’t the first people to explore the caves?
- What if what if they didn’t have enough food?
1. Ha Long Bay is an island that has a rocky ground, many hills and caves that you can look in. Its border is the ocean and it’s a tropical place.
Why is the island tropical?
How do people get to the island?
- What if there was an easier way to get to it?
- What if the surrounding water covers some of the island?
1. Whether shrouded in mist or bathed in sunshine, the sheer island mountains of Halong Bay are one of Asia’s finest landscapes.
How does it get so warm?
Why do people live there for heat?
- What if the temperature all of a sudden drops a lot?
best time to visit: April - June, September - November
summer: May - October (average temperature: 24 - 33oC)
winter: November - April (average temperature: 16 - 23oC)
rainy season: July - August
annual rainfall: 1300 mm
average humidity: 80 %