Madison Cross Roads Elementary
February 11, 2019
- Valentines Dance During P.E.
- Wear your house shirt !
Please see the flyer below for the upcoming Dyslexia Parent Night
Pre K Registration
BREAKFAST REMINDERS- Please communicate this with your child and make preparations at home to ensure your child is fed and in class on time.
Breakfast is served from 7:10-7:40 each morning.
Students should not report to breakfast after 7:40, if at all possible, giving them enough time to get to class.
After 7:45, breakfast will not be served and all students should be in class, as our cafeteria staff has to clean and prepare for 900 lunches and teachers on breakfast duty have to be in class.
If you have a child arriving to school after 7:40, please ensure they have had breakfast. Students should report either directly to class or breakfast upon arrival in the mornings.
Thank you for your help with this!
We promote independence at MXR and encourage students to learn how they are supposed to go home each day. If your student's mode of transportation is changing (For example if they are changing from bus to car or car to bus) our office needs to be made aware of that change. All notes should go to the teacher so they are aware and then we make a copy in the front office to file.
***All transportation changes need to be made by 2 P.M. on the day it is needed***
- 02/14 Valentines Dance during P.E.
- 02/18**** President’s Day - No School*****
- 02/21 PTO Meeting: 6:00 pm Spring Book Fair - Family Read Night GL Q & A
02/21 - 3/01 Spring Book Fair
- 3/01 Read Across America Day
- 3/01 House Lunch: Wear your house shirt! ** Car Rider /Bus Drop Off Music **
- 3/14 3rd Nine-week Report Card
- 3/15 House Celebration Day
- 3/4 - 3/15 Common Benchmark Assessment (1-5)
- 3/18-3/22 ***********Spring Break- No School**************
- 3/28 5th Grade Talent Show
- 3/28 PTO Meeting:History Walk/ Living Wax Museum (ACE) 6:00 pm
- 4/4 Camp McDowell Parent Meeting
- 04/05 House Lunch & Morning Arrival Music (Wear your house shirt !)
- 4/8-5/3 DIBELS Math (K-2)
- 04/18 4th Nine-Weeks Progress Report
- 04/22-04/24 5th Grade- Camp McDowell
- 4/24-5/7 DIBELS Next (K-3)
- 04/25 PTO Meeting: New Officer Election Student ART Exhibit
- 04/26 First Grade Beauty Walk
Please encourage your children to wear their house shirt OR house colors on the dates listed below. Encourage them to make new friends during House Lunches!
The HEALS medical, dental, and optometry clinics serve the eligible children and their siblings at our elementary site school locations
Your pocket change has never been so powerful!
Round your utility bill up to the next highest dollar, and that amount will go directly to local schools. The maximum contribution per year is only $12!
Funds go directly to The Schools Foundation, which supports public education in Huntsville, Madison County and the City of Madison.
Over the years, Publix Partners has contributed more than $30 million to over 4,500 schools giving back to support education.
And giving is easy. Simply sign up for a Publix.com account (if you don’t already have one), select a school, then enter your phone number at checkout. We'll give back to the school of your choice.
If your school currently participates, you can use this page to:
- See the top 10 schools leading Publix Partners earnings in your state.
- Go to your school's Publix Partners page to see your current earnings.
- Promote your school's involvement with Publix Partners.
Principal : Linda Arredondo
Assistant Principal: Jessica Aguirre-Cantrell
Assistant Principal: Adam Walker