October 4, 2020
MAP Testing Reminder
On the morning of Monday, Oct 5, please have your child log into his/her Advisory/Hive Time Google Meet by 8:45. Testing will start at 9:00 once staff have worked with kids in accessing the correct testing site and issuing test sessions and test codes.
For MAP questions, contact Patrick D. White, Assistant Principal, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MAP Test Back Up plan
A Message from the Harmony School Counselors
1) We recognize stress and fatigue can be high during this time of distance learning. If you feel like you might be in need of mental health services for either you or your child, please visit the Harmony Unified Mental Health team webpage at https://www.lcps.org/Page/234514. You can also watch our brief video and visit our virtual calm down room for ideas to de-stress.
2) Please see the following link in order to register your student for the Step Up Loudoun Youth Competition http://www.loudounyouth.org/programs/step-up/. This competition empowers students to make meaningful contributions to their community and to the world around them by identifying an issue in their community, creating a plan that addresses the situation, and then implementing that plan. There are prizes for winners and the possibility for national recognition of leadership!
3) Lastly, if your 8th grader is interested in the Academies of Loudoun, the admissions portal is now open until October 23rd, at noon. If your child is interested, please contact Mrs. Pierson or Mr. Pecoraro for additional resources at email@example.com or Bryan.Pecoraro@lcps.org.
Our OLD yearbook company was Jostens. Out NEW yearbook company is Herff Jones.
Our long time picture taking company is Lifetouch (but they don’t make the yearbook for us)
Final Picture Day
See this flier for additional details.
Please complete this LCPS health survey before arriving.
- Random temperature checks will be taken.
- Students must wear a mask while they are in the building but can take it off for their picture time.
- Students will enter and be asked to stand at assigned cones to maintain social distancing.
LCPS Attendance for Monday
Secondary School Monday Attendance Check will be discontinued
from LCPS Attendance Office...
"The Monday attendance check at the secondary level, that was completed on September 14, 21, and 28 will be discontinued. On behalf of the Attendance Office and DDI, we appreciate your assistance in capturing accurate attendance/enrollment data for the month of September. We will no longer use Permission Click to track attendance on Asynchronous Mondays.
Students will automatically be counted present on Asynchronous Mondays and should submit work on their AA or BB day (if required) to continue to be counted present for Monday."