Crow Island Parent Newsletter
August 21, 2023
Dear Crow Island Families,
This week kicks off some of our return to school activities and we are looking forward to seeing students. Our incoming Kindergarten students are coming to school for Kindergarten Connection and our new families have orientation. Teachers are also present and setting up classrooms.
We are looking forward to our staff officially starting next week and excited about Meet and Greets to welcome families into the building!
- Tuesday, August 22: Kindergarten Connection
- Thursday, August 24: Kindergarten Popsicles with the Principal Play Date (9:30am; K Playground) (Note - this was listed as 9am last week; it is 9:30am)
- Thursday, August 24: Homeroom Teacher Notification (4:00pm via Powerschool)
- Thursday, August 24: New Parent Orientation 6:00pm
- Thursday, August 31: K-4 Meet & Greet 10:45am - 11:30am
- Friday, September 1: No School
- Monday, September 4: No School (Labor Day)
- Tuesday, September 5: First Day of School (Early Dismissal 11:20am)
- Wednesday, September 6: Hot Lunch Starts
- Thursday, September 7: PTO Back to School Bash (5:00 - 6:30pm; Big Playground)
- Friday, September 8: Boo-Hoo/Yahoo Kindergarten Parent Coffee (8:40am; K Playground)
- Tuesday, September 19: 3rd & 4th Grade MAP Test Reading
- Wednesday, September 20: 3rd & 4th Grade MAP Test Math
- Wednesday, September 20: Go to School Night 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Monday, September 25: No School - Yom Kippur
We are completely staffed and hired for the school year with all of our positions filled! Many of our new staff are still working through the onboarding process and getting their district emails officially launched. As always, I hope families can join me in welcoming new staff to our Crow Island community. We are very lucky to have such dedicated professionals: You can view some of our new staff members here: Crow Island New Staff 23-24
Crow Island 101 Document:
If you are looking for quick finger-tip resources you can access our 101 document. This provides highlights of information that might be needed quickly around absences, lunch, and other information. Feel free to print and put on your fridge! You can access that here: Crow Island 101.
Arrival & Dismissal:
Our goal is to provide a safe and orderly arrival and dismissal. Please take a few minutes to review the arrival & dismissal process at Crow Island. This document contains detailed information about morning and afternoon by grade level and even has a map for parents who are driving: Arrival & Dismissal
Hot Lunch Program:
Crow Island has a hot lunch program run through a third party collaboration with our PTO called Marla's Lunch. You can register and sign-up here: Marla's Hot Lunch. Hot lunch will start September 6.
If you ordered school supplies in the spring, those are delivered directly to the classroom. If you did not order supplies you can find the list of supplies here: Crow Island School supplies and you can order them and bring them to the K-4 Meet & Greet on August 31st.
Homeroom Teacher Notification:
Homeroom teacher notification will go live to all families on Thursday, August 24th at 4pm via the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Our staff carefully considered the classrooms that were formed and parent feedback and input was thoroughly reviewed by our team. Please note that specific teacher requests will not be honored. Thank you for trusting our professional judgment as we create meaningful learning experiences for every student.