The Hate List
By: Jennifer Brown
One day on the bus Christy Bruter broke Valerie's MP3 player. When they got to school Val told Nick about this and he said he would "take care of it." In the school cafeteria at Gravin High School, Nick opened fire. He killed many people.
He shot a teacher, Mr. Kline, a husband and a father of 3 kids. He was then going to shoot Jessica Campbell but Valerie ran in front of Nick and told him to stop. He then pulled the trigger to hit Jessica but instead he hit Valerie in the thigh.
- Valerie's mom's house- Is where Valerie spends most of her time
- Valerie's dad's house- When her dad came and picked her up, she went here
- Garvin High School- Where the shooting happened and where Student Council meetings are
- Hospital- Where Valerie spent most of her time after the shooting
- Cemetery - When Valerie went to go see Nick's grave
- Dr. Hieler's office- A guy who Valerie talked to about things.
The antagonist in book is Nick Levil. He causes Valerie not want to go to school and causes problems for her.
Other main characters in the book are Jessica Campbell, Ginny Baker, and Christy Bruter. Jessica is important to the story because Valerie saved her life and she helps Valerie get back on feet and do something in her life. Ginny is important because she was a victim in the shooting. Christy is important because she caused Valerie to make up the Hate List. And also she got shot.