The Stevens Selection
April 29, 2016
Be Connected to our Classroom!
Kutz Dairy Farm Field Trip
Artist in Residence
Forward Exam is Almost Over!
- Help them get a good night sleep before the testing day
- Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of
- Encourage them to try their best
We will be testing the following dates:
- May 3rd - Social Studies Part 1
- May 5th - Social Studies Part 2
This week we began our FINAL unit of the Everyday Math curriculum. In this combined unit we will be focusing on developing these skills:
- Making estimates when measuring
- US Customary System conversions
- Metric System conversions
In writing students have begun their new writing project where they are able to create an invention. This week we focused on identifying a problem and then creating an invention based off that problem.
**Ask your child...what invention did you create?
In reading we have been analyzing different inventions that kids have created. We have looked at many silly and practical inventions so far.
**Ask your child...what has been your favorite invention so far?
Important Dates to Remember
May 2nd - April 20/20 Calendars Due
May 3rd - Forward Exam Social Studies
May 4th - Kutz Dairy Farm Field Trip
May 5th - Forward Exam Social Studies
May 6th - Noon Dismissal