Back to School Updates August 2021
First Day of School for ECSE
2021-22 School Year
For the 2021-2022 school year, Fargo Public Schools will strive to resume all school operations to the best of it’s ability while continuing to follow COVID-19 mitigation strategies approved by the Fargo Board of Education. These strategies are:
- Screening, testing, ventilation, proper handwashing, and respiratory etiquette.
- Asking students and staff to stay home when experiencing ill symptoms and getting tested.
- Universal indoor masking for all staff, students, and visitors to buildings.
- Maintaining three feet of physical distance between students, to the best of the school’s ability.
- COVID-19 post-exposure guidelines of:
- Mask to mask exposure: exemption to quarantine
- Fully vaccinated contacts: if no symptoms, no quarantine but should monitor for symptoms.
- If one or both individuals are unmasked: 14-day quarantine. Contacts may release from quarantine after day 10 if no symptoms or after day 7 with a negative test collected on day 5 or later.
This approach differs from the 2020-2021 school year where many school operations, such as facility rentals and field trips, and activities were limited or cancelled. At this time, those operations are expected to continue while following the mitigation strategies outlined above.
ECSE thanks you for working with us in our efforts to keep student learning and safety our highest priority and for following the expected mitigation strategies. Please help us continue to keep our school buildings open to families!
Masks and ECSE Students
1. We ask that all parents send 2 masks to school with their child.
2. If a student does not arrive with a mask, we will provide one for them.
3. For those students who struggle wearing masks, we will attempt to build tolerance and stamina in a variety of ways: modeling, positive reinforcement, visual supports, social stories, etc.
4. It is our hope that our students will begin to tolerate mask wearing as best they can, but we will meet each child's individual needs and work from there.
5. All staff and visitors, however, will need to wear masks when inside the building.
6. Masks will not be required, however, when students are on the playground or when parents are dropping off or picking up their child outside of the building.
Arrival and Dismissal Times
Meals Served At ECSE
Although the meals are free to all students, we do encourage all parents to complete a Student Fees Assistance and Benefits Application at the following link as it may provide additional funding benefits for your family and school. https://secure.ezmealapp.com/ApplicationScreen.aspx
School Supply List for Early Childhood Special Education: Please label your child's school supplies including extra clothing!
Change of clothes in a plastic bag
Diapers or pull ups and a container of unscented diaper wipes.
2 - Boxes of Kleenex
2 – Clorox/other Disinfecting Wipes