ADD - Attention Deficit Disorder
A child that falls under the inattention category ...
- has trouble staying focused
- finds it hard to listen to instructions
- loses interest in activities easily
- has a difficult time staying organized and planning ahead
- may talk excessively, & and find it hard to stop
- often has short tempers and hot headed
- finds it hard to sit still, so they love moving around
- constantly fidgets with no reasoning
- finds it hard to wait for their turns
- doesn't think before action, so they often say things at the wrong time
- thoughts and actions move very fast throughout their brains
How Common Is ADD??? (statistics)
Boys are 3 times more likely to be diagnosed
Adults that weren't diagnosed during childhood most likely will remain undiagnosed their whole lives, therefore the number of people affected by ADD? ADHD may be higher than reported.
For someone with ADD it may be hard to hold down a job such as an office work were you'd have to be sitting down in one place all day, due to their disorder they would be better suited into work forces that allow them to socialize keep busy and move around
Treatments?? A cure??
At home: the best way to help cope with ADD at home is to maintain a routine. Having a routine to abide by reduces the amount of time you have to idle,. try to stay organized and when trying to focus to surround yourself into a quiet environment
Their are many therapist and support systems available for people suffering with ADD for both children and adults, that help you cope with obstacles one step at a time and help you to be more reliable to help yourself out.
support systems down below :)
Treatment services for children, teenagers, and families who are having serious issues with relationships, feelings, or behaviour.
85A Aventura Court, Mississauga, ON, L5T 2Y6 905-795-3500
Looking for a psychologist? The Canadian Register of Health Service Providers (CRHSPP) has a national directory of qualified psychology providers.
368 Dalhousie Street, Ottawa, ON, K1N 7G3 613-562-0900