News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - September 17, 2021
Warwick PTO News and Updates
- Tuesday, September 21st: General PTO meeting - 7PM - Warwick Library (Please note this is a date change - originally scheduled for 9/14).
- Saturday, September 25th: DQ Event - more information below
News and Updates:
- Spirit Wear Sale - open now until September 19th! Order your favorite Warwick spirit wear!
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
- Picture Day: October 1st. Classes will sign up for times throughout the day. If you have a virtual student that would like to come into the building for picture day, we have reserved 1PM-2PM for virtual pictures. C&C packets should have come home this week to look over the picture packages for picture day.
- Photo ID: If you are visiting Warwick to be a special classroom visitor or to pick up your child(ren) please don't forget your photo ID. We will use our School Gate Guardian system to print visitor badges.
- Volunteer Clearances: Do you volunteer frequently at school? Would you like to be a field trip chaperone? If you answered yes to one or both of these questions don't forget to submit your volunteer required paperwork (if you haven't done so previously and/or if your clearances are out of dates). Please visit our HR page on our district's website for more information. Click here!
Thank you for your constant support.
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Information from the School Nurse
I would like to welcome you back to another school year. Please take a few moments to review some important information listed below:
Immunizations- All students must be compliant with all immunizations by the 5th day of school or the student will be excluded from school beginning Sept. 9, 2021. You can view your child’s immunizations on the parent portal.
Physical and dental exams— ***
- The State of Pennsylvania requires students in certain grades to have health exams.
- Students entering Grade 3--Dental Exam
- Students entering Grade 6-- Physical Exam
- Students entering Kindergarten and all students new to the district-- Dental and Physical Exam
- The dental and physical forms can be found at http://www.cbsd.org/Page/904 .
- The completed health forms are due no later than October 15, 2021. You can scan and Email me the completed form or send the form to school with your child. Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
Medication: All medication to be administered to students, whether prescription or over-the-counter, must be kept in the health office. Medication must be sent to school in the original labeled container and must be accompanied by a Medication Dispensing Form signed by the physician (or dentist) and the parent. The medication dispensing form can be found at http://www.cbsd.org/Page/904
Change in health status: Please notify the nurse if your child has a change in their health status during the school year (surgeries, fractures, and sprains, along with any family or emotional issues that arise). The more information we have concerning your child, the more we can adequately attend to their needs during the school day.
Food allergies: Please alert the school nurse and your child’s teacher if your child has any food allergies. Food is often part of classroom activities, and it is important for the teachers to be aware of any concerns.
Contagious illnesses: If your child develops any contagious illness (strep throat, pink eye, lice, fifth disease, chicken pox etc.), please notify the nurse’s office. A temperature of 100.4F or greater is a fever and your child will be sent home from school. Children should be fever free for 24 hours (without Tylenol or Ibuprofen) before they return to school. If your child is sent home sick from school with a fever, vomiting or diarrhea, they are not permitted to return to school the next day.
Please encourage your children to get plenty of rest and to eat a good breakfast before coming to school each day. Well rested and well-fed children will be ready and eager to learn.
Kathleen C. Budniewski R.N., N.D., CSN
Certified School Nurse,
Updates from the Warwick Cafeteria
School districts throughout the region are having a challenging time getting food deliveries right now from our vendors and we are no exception. We will always have breakfast and lunch available for the students, however, the menu may deviate from what is printed. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
CB Online School Information - Update
Picture Day: Each home school building will eventually communicate in-person picture day information via their building newsletter.
- CBO families who wish to get their child’s photo taken can choose one of the following options:
- Attend the in-person picture day. Please be sure to communicate to your building if you plan to attend so they can give you the timing of photos.
- Go to the C and C studio. Please reach out to the studio directly by calling 215-345-1851 or emailing email@example.com to schedule your individual photo session.
- All individual students will appear in the yearbook for their home school, only if they get their picture taken this year.
- Class picture: Some home schools are still taking whole-group photos. Others will have class composites created with individual photos.
- CB Online School will not have a separate year book.
Field Trips: If you are interested in attending any planned in-person field trips with your home school, please do the following-
- Inform your in-person and online homeroom teachers of your intention to attend the trip so both teachers can plan accordingly.
- Your child will be marked present for CBO, but may be asked to make up any missed work that occurred during CBO class.
- Since our CBO classes are made up of multiple home schools, opportunities and dates of trips may differ for students.