The history of softball by CamiJo Poelwijk
- Softball was invented by George Hancock
- This game was invented in 1877
- This game was made on Thanksgiving day, in Chicago.
- There are over 17 million people in the US that play softball.
- You need at least 9 players to play, Also softball has 7 innings.
- The original name of softball was Indoor baseball, Mush ball, And kitten ball.
- Softball is played in over 140 countries.
- The softball world championship is held every two years.
- The United States won the gold medal in the Olympics for softball in 1999.
- There are 197 softball players in the Hall of Fame.