Mrs. Weegar's First Grade
Week of November 11, 2013
Calling Empty Toilet Paper Rolls!
If you have any empty toilet paper rolls at home, we would greatly appreciate them by this Friday to use during this week's E Time!
We are in need of a few supplies for the classroom. If you are able to contribute any of these supplies to the classroom over the next few weeks, we would greatly appreciate it!
-Hand sanitizer-large/medium size bottle to use for the classroom
-Black Expo markers
If you have not sent back your signed permission slip for the November 19th Field Trip, please do so as soon as possible.
This week's new word sort will be in your child's red folder today. Just a friendly reminder that we will have an assessment over the spelling of these words on Friday!
This week in Language Arts
-We will be writing about veterans, specifically soldiers, this week.
-We will practice correct formation of the lowercase letters p, r, and n
-This week's words are: when, your, can, said, there
Please make sure that your child can quickly read these words by the end of the week.
-We will be reviewing nouns and verbs this week!
Austin Weighty Word of the Week: Gullible-credulous
Austin Quote of the Week: "The most important prayer in the world is just two words-Thank you." -Mother Eckart
- We are continuing to work on addition and subtraction facts this week!
- We will continue to play several different number games where we work on creating number combinations of seven and eight.
- We will continue to practice using a number line and hundred chart to help us add and subtract.
- We will identify numbers that are greater than and less than a given number.
Science and Social Studies
- We are talking all about matter this week!
- We are going to talk about solids, liquids, and gases!
- On Thursday, we will have a matter rotation day as we discover more about the matter all around us!
November Citizenship Skill: Cooperation
For Your Calendar...
-11/12 PTO Meeting 6:30pm
11/15 Guidance Lesson with Mrs. McBride
-11/19 Field Trip!
-11/20 Kindergarten-2nd grade Thanksgiving Feast
-11/22 Turkey Trot during P.E.
-11/22 CISD Turkey Drive
-11/25 Thanksgiving Break begins