Hastings Elementary School
Check out what's happening this week:
1. Classroom Spotlight
2. Cultural Fair Highlights
3. Coming Soon! Hastings Glow Run!
4. Spring Greening Drive
5. Tech Safety and Digital Citizenship Presentation for Parents
6. Mark Your Calendars
Check out Mrs. Quercia's 3rd Grade Class!
First, they are deep into their character unit in literacy, and are in the middle of an incredible story titled, "Because of Winn Dixie." Students can't put their books down! They are building relationships with the characters, thinking deeply about text, finding evidence to support their ideas, and talking literature!
The second reason these third graders are captivated is because they are working with their first grade buddies on STEM projects. They are using a Maker Space to plan, design, and build!
Besides Winn Dixie, the students are working in book clubs during reading! They are learning about characters and working with their peers on a book of their choice. They are excited to share their findings with each other!
Check out the pictures to see the engagement, excitement, and energy in Mrs. Quercia's third grade classroom!
Cultural Fair Highlights
Coming Soon! Hastings Glow Run!
In just a few weeks from now, family and friends will support our school by giving pledges towards the number of laps your student runs on the day of the Glow Run. This year, we’re raising $12,000 for enrichment programs and field trips for our students. We need YOUR HELP to get there! Please be sure to mark these dates in your calendar, and be on the lookout for more communication about registering your student(s) on www.funrun.com.
Pledging Opens - 3/18 *this is the day you can start getting donations!*
Pep Rally - 3/25
Event Day - 4/3 *Be sure to have your students wear sneakers!*
Thanks so much for your support of our school.
-Hastings Parent Group
Spring Greening Drive
Our school is going to be taking part in an upcoming town-wide donation drive! From March 9th to the 20th, we will be collecting clothing, toys, books, shoes, and baby items that will go to Cradles to Crayons and Westborough Youth and Family Services. Please help us make an impact by looking through your closets, toy-bins, and bookshelves and sending your child in with any donations!
Westborough’s 8th annual Spring Greening Clothing Drive
What is Spring Greening?
- Spring Greening is an annual, town wide collection drive that benefits Cradles to Crayons and Westborough Youth and Family Services.
What can be collected?
- Quality donations of clothing, toys, books, shoes, or baby items are all accepted!
Who runs the drive?
- Students! The Westborough Project 351 team, composed of one student in each grade from 8th to 12th grade, run this drive with the indispensable support of the schools in town. Westborough Service Learning Initiative supports the drive with their spring curriculum.
How can I help?
- Excite your child! Talking with your child about service and what it means to donate is the best way you can help -- working with your child to put together a bag of donations would be a great way to teach them about service (and to free up some of your closet space!)
Reach out to other parents! Parent networks are some of the strongest groups we know of, we would be thrilled if you would help us spread the word by talking to your friends and neighbors Spring Greening!
Connect with us! We would love any feedback you have!
Tech Safety and Digital Citizenship Presentation for Parents
Mark your Calendars!
Thursday, March 5th
- HPG Meeting, Library, 6:30-7:30
Monday, March 9th - Friday, March 20th
- Spring Greening Drive (Donate clothes, coats, shoes, and more!)
Friday, March 20th
- Dance Day for Students in P.E. Class!
Wednesday March 25th - Friday, April 3rd
- Fun Run Fundraiser - Pledging begins!
Monday, March 30th - Friday, April 3rd
- Westborough Connects Kindness Week
Friday, April 3rd
- Glow Run for Students (in school!)