BMES Family Weekly Update
Week of November 13, 2022
Message from Principal Wagner
Upcoming this week, we have many fun events scheduled.
- This Tuesday, November 15, Chipotle is hosting a spirit night and a proceeds of the profits raised will benefit BMES. Please stop by the NN location at Patrick Henry Mall between 5pm and 9pm and mention Bethel Manor Elementary.
- Wednesday, November 16, the PTA will host our monthly PTA meeting in the library at 6pm.
- Thursday, November 17, report cards will be issued for all students in grades K-5. Report Cards will be sent home in paper form as well as available on Aspen.
- On Friday, November 18, the PTA will conduct our annual Bingo For Books. You are welcome to join us when doors open at 5:45pm.
After Thanksgiving break, we also have some additional activities planned for families.
- On December 1, Mrs. Prats will be inviting all families to the Newport News Barnes and Noble location for a special event from 5:30-7pm. Please see the infographic below.
- On the evening of December 7 at 6:30pm, our 4th and 5th grade chorus will also perform for our families. This performance also includes a art showcase for select 2nd and 3rd graders. Parents will receive an invitation but all families are welcome.
In other news, Mrs. Prats is seeking the opportunities for the students to showcase their art work in the form of a storybook character ornament! If you would like to participate, pick your favorite storybook character and create an ornament to resemble the character. Your ornament needs to be an original creation (no store bought characters). Our committee will judge the ornaments and choose the 3 most creative ornaments; prizes will be awarded to the top 3! We will keep the ornaments to put on our tree and send all ornaments home before the break, so you can add them to your tree. We cannot wait to see what you create! Ornaments may be brought to the library Monday, November 28- Friday, December 9th. If you have questions, please email Mrs. Prats at email@example.com
Have a great evening,
Upcoming Events at BMES
Tuesday, November 15
- Chipotle Spirit Night at 12300 Jefferson Ave, Ste 200 (Patrick Henry Mall) from 5-9pm
Wednesday, November 16
- PTA meeting at 6pm in the library.
Thursday November 17
- Report Cards will be Issued for Quarter 1 (paper and electronic forms will be available)
Friday, November 18
- Bingo 4 Books. Doors Open at 5:45pm in the BMES cafe
- Thanksgiving Holiday- No School
Thursday, December 1
- Barnes and Noble Night from 5:30-7pm at Newport News Location
Wednesday, December 7
- Art and Music Showcase at 6:30pm in the BMES Cafe
Friday, December 9
- PTA Winter Wonderland at 6pm in the BMES Cafe
A note of Gratitude!
Lastly, During the month of November, Bethel Manor teachers and students are reflecting on what we are grateful for. We would love to hear from our valued families and community what and who you are grateful for at Bethel Manor Elementary School. Please take a brief moment to express your gratitude to our amazing staff by completing the google form below. Your words of appreciation make a great impact on our climate and culture. Thank you! I will share all of your responses with the staff on Tuesday, November 22nd before Thanksgiving break. Here is a link to the form: https://forms.office.com/r/Ny1j30SHtT
BMES Parent Resources
Breakfast and Lunch
Lunch Menus are available at https://yorkcountyps.sodexomyway.com/landing/elem
If you need to load money into your child's lunch account, please visit MySchoolBucks.
Every Friday: we will sell ice cream for $1. The ice cream includes both dairy and non-dairy options. In order to prepare for your child to purchase ice cream, please send in money for their account or send in $1 to your child's teacher, labeled for ice cream.
The division’s customer service tool, Let’s Talk! – Ask YCSD has been expanded to include schools. Let’s Talk! – Ask YCSD can be conveniently accessed on the yorkcountyschools.org website or through the YCSD Mobile App using your smartphone, tablet or other mobile device.
To access the platform, click on the “Contact Us” button or simply click the Let's Talk! pop-out tab on the division website (the green tab on the right side of your computer screen or the green button on the bottom of your mobile screen). Then, select a topic to start a conversation and the appropriate staff member will respond.