Towne Harbour Island ~Winter 2017~
UPDATES and NEWS!
An email was sent to us on Nov 22 with approved minutes and associated materials from the THI October Board Meeting.
A Message from the Building Committee
2018 Maintenance Projects
First maintenance and painting project for 2018 will be Building #33/35. This building was scheduled to be completed in 2017, but projects in 2017 were larger than expected. In 2018 there will be a focus on catching up with the large backlog of maintenance requests. Additional exterior repairs will be based on severity of the problems and needs. The 2018 maintenance committee will continue the great progress on maintaining the THI buildings.
The Annual Holiday Party on December 2 at Karen and Mike Serinis' home. Thank you for hosting Karen and Mike. All the food was amazing and company was even better. It was so much fun!
What a response to the Progressive Chili Cook-off! We had 24 participants, five chili stops, and a sixth/final stop for dessert and ballots. The tour of each our homes was unexpected and bonus. Each were so classy and different, just like our chili recipes.
Thank you to Marilyn Cushman who organized the groups. These were the groups:
Group A: ISLANDERS
- Russ Young (serving at #8 at 5pm)
- Tammy Franz (serving at #13 at 5:45pm)
- Judy Miller (serving at #48 at 6:30pm)
- Pete Gresh (serving at #44 at 7:15pm)
- Deb Martin, group leader (serving at #30 at 8pm)
- George Cushman (dessert/ballots at #34 at 8:45pm)
- Kay & John Johnston (providing beverages for #8)
- Gail & Tom Shirmer (providing beverages for #44)
- Ivette & Bill Shaheen (providing beverages with Wenks for #48)
Group B: LAKERS
- Doug Merrill, group leader (serving at #30 at 5pm)
- Moe Young (serving at #8 at 5:45pm)
- Marcus Franz (serving at #13 at 6:30pm)
- Brian Miller (serving at #48 at 7:15pm)
- Sue Gresh (serving at #44 at 8pm)
- Marilyn Cushman (dessert/ballots at #34 at 8:45pm)
- Donna & Pete Greene (providing beverages for #34)
- Pattie & Jeremy Steele-Perkins (providing beverages for #30)
- Donna & Kevin Wenk (providing beverages with Shaheens for #48)
......and the WINNERS are Deb Martin and Doug Merrill! Congrats!
Sue Gresh shopped for the best price and got us some chairs and settee’s for everyone’s pleasure. A great addition to our Island.
A Friendly Reminder to all Owners from The Board of Directors
In community living, as at Towne Harbour, it is important that we consider our neighbors and their enjoyment of their home as we enjoy our home. Toward this end, it is important that all residents respect the Rules and Regulations of THI, as they are designed to ensure the quality of life for all.
Service requests should be mailed to the Kenrick office, with requests reviewed and prioritized. Complaints and concerns should be directed to Michelle Alvaro at 585-424-1540 or emailed to email@example.com, so they can be addressed.
2017-18 Board and Committee Chairs
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Deb Martin. President
Dave Dillon. Vice-President
Karen Serinis. Secretary
Russ Young. Treasurer
Architecture Committee. Doug Merrill
Building Committee. Jerry Urlaub
Dock Committee. Mike Feldmeyer
Landscape Committee. Delia Kern and Karen Serenis
Social Committee. Moe Young
Newsletter created by Tammy Franz
(Please feel free to email any info that you'd like to see in future newsletters)
Note: These newsletters are created seasonally, However, the THI private Facebook page created by Tammy Franz is a place to post your pictures and messages all year.