Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Sept 27
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Eligibility still counts for marching band! Students must be passing ALL classes with a 70% or higher TODAY. If a student is not academically eligible they won’t be able to participate in performances. A waiver for AP classes with a grade higher than a 60, must be approved by principal.
- REVIEW the itinerary below for tomorrow's performance. be sure to have ALL MUSIC and review the inspection procedures.
All winds and percussion will be wearing their black band shorts and WHITE band shirt for the Red Rail Game. Anyone that still needs to pick up their black shorts can do so after marching Band Practice Tuesday/Thursday - 8:00pm contact Mrs. Pratt at Uniforms@grapevinehsband.com to make arrangements.
Red Rail, see below- Itinerary, Inspection Procedures, and Bus Information.
- CLICK HERE to get music on our website.
- We are excited to start our first fundraiser of the year! We have partnered with MSC Fundraising to sell masks! The website has our initial line up, but more will be added soon! You can check it out here: https://www.mscfundraising.com/collections/ghs-mustang-band
- We are in the process of updating Charms. If you are receiving our emails you are listed on the Grapevine Band roster. If you attend CHHS, please let Mr. Rees (James.firstname.lastname@example.org) know and we will transfer you to the correct school.
- We have also compiled another version of the calendar that can be found HERE.
- You need to clean and disinfect your instruments! (videos below)
- Establish a routine for yourself to keep your life as normal as possible. Dedicate time to growing as a musician every day.
Meet Ms. Bazanos!
Red Rail Game Info
Parking - $8 in advance and $10 at the gate.
Waiver for Globe Life Park - ALL STUDENTS MUST complete the waiver form for Globe Life Park
Students do NOT need a ticket.
Tickets - Tickets are available now and can only be purchased online. Tickets start at $12 and will be available in restricted groups to allow for social distancing within Globe Life Park. All games at Globe Life Park will require facial coverings, social distancing, as well as other enhanced safety and health measures.
The Mustang Band will be located in sections 11 and 12 for this game.
Concession Help Needed!
Here is the link for Varsity Concessions
Mustang Daily Dollars
We are in the final days of our Mustang Daily Dollars Fundraiser!
The Daily Dollars Fundraiser is our biggest fundraiser of the fall. We are expecting 100% participation. Each completed calendar raises $465 and when everyone participates, we would raise over $55,000!
Each students that completes their calendar will receive 10% ($46.50) back to their individual CHARMS account. When a student collects more that means more $$ to credit their CHARMS account! With COVID-19 and social distancing we felt this was a great fundraiser that did not require selling and delivering products. It is contact free and it is also budget friendly so that anyone could donate!
Let's pull together and really make this fundraiser a huge success to support our program and most important our kids!
Chipotle Fundraiser Is Coming! Mark your calendars for our first Grub Club Spirit Night! October 7th 4:00pm-8:00pm. Colleyville Chipotle. % of sales goes to the band program. Hope to see you there!
ALL paperwork and donations are Due Tuesday, Sept. 29th at the beginning of Band Rehearsal. If you are remote you can drop off to Rachel Koch at rehearsal at 6:00pm or arrange for a drop off at her house. Just email her to set up at email@example.com
- Ms. Gallante still has 4 spiritwear orders that have not been picked up.
- ALL band fees should be paid at this time unless there is a formal financial assistance agreement in place and that all agreements should be adhered to. All parents need to regularly check Charms to review their student's account for new charges
- All Volunteers need to fill out a GCISD required background check
- Have you joined our FB Parent Page? If not, please go to the link and
request to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2772812576066464
Pit Crew Scholarship
The Pit Crew Scholarship recognizes and rewards senior members of the GHS Mustang Band who maintain a good academic standing and who exemplify what might be called the “pit crew work ethic” – working behind the scenes, doing unglamorous but necessary work, without seeking a reward other than helping the band. Band member(s) who are selected to receive a scholarship are recognized at the annual band banquet with a financial award that can range from $500 - $1000. The link to apply for a Pit Crew Scholarship will be posted on the Band Website on November 1st. The deadline to submit an application will be November 15th.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone.
Visit the band website for details.